CC3 trail version crashing when image is dragged into headshot plugin

Posted By yohanna.jessup 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

CC3 trail version crashing when image is dragged into headshot plugin

Author
yohanna.jessup
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (158 reputation)Junior Member (158 reputation)Junior Member (158 reputation)Junior Member (158 reputation)Junior Member (158 reputation)Junior Member (158 reputation)Junior Member (158 reputation)Junior Member (158 reputation)Junior Member (158 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi, I'm new here and in a phase of demoing this software (hopefully to purchase!) so I'm running trial versions of both CC3 and Headshot.
I open CC3 and let it load.
Select  plugins/headshot.
Drag in image into either auto or pro mode
Image loads - sometimes it crashes here.
If I'm able to continue:
At the Generate Character dialogue I select female/ckean soft + Generate
Then it's crashing usually in the 'initialize headshot module phase.'
Any help is appreciated.  I'd love to be able to use this software for pro mode realisitc characters!
Thanks
The specs of the desktop I'm using are:
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU RTX 2070 Super
Mobo MSI B450 tamahawk
16 BG ram
OS Windows 10 pro

Images I'm using are:
1094 x 1445 @ 72 dpi
893 x 1169 @ 72dpi

Edited
4 Years Ago by yohanna.jessup
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Sorry to hear you are having problems with Headshot.

As your system is more than powerful enough to run CC3 and Headshot, please try updating your graphics drivers and ensure you have the latest available. 

Please see the link below to check.

Please also run Windows Update to ensure your system is fully updated.

In Windows 10 go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and then "Check For Update".

When complete, do fully shut down your computer and then restart and try using Headshot again without any other programs running.

If you still have problems after checking the above, please send your dxdiag.txt file to Technical Support so they can check for any problems.

a) Type "dxdiag.exe" in the Search box and click "dxdiag.exe run command" from the search list.
b) It will then check your system for a while, after finishing, click "save all information"
c) Save "DxDiag.txt". and send this to us as an attachment.

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 46 minutes ago
@yohanna: There is an issue with some images if the extension does not match the file type of the image. 

I found that images generated by the https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/ website had the extention .JPG, but were in fact .PNG images. So this is something to check with your images.

It would be better of course if Headshot did the checking for us...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

toluabisola
toluabisola
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi all,

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I'm also experiencing the same issue as Yohanna except with the full version.

It doesn't matter whether I use the file importer or drag and drop, Headshot crashes the whole program.

I've checked my NVIDIA drivers and they are up to date I'm also up to date on all Windows patches.

Is this a common problem others have experienced?

This so far seems to be really good software, but Headshot not working would be a deal breaker for me. Hope this is sorted before I'm forced to ask for a refund.

I'm using a Surface Book 2 15" with 256GB HD
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
toluabisola (4/26/2020)

Is this a common problem others have experienced?

Crashing is certainly not a common problem. It could be related to video ram or a shortage of it. I see you are using a Surface Book 2. What kind of video card do you have in this model and most importantly how much dedicated video ram do you have available (not shared memory)?

Generally the more onboard video ram you have the better. On my system I have 8GB (GTX 1080) and never have any crashes with Headshot.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic