Profile Picture

Copying avatars

Posted By martin.martin 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
martin.martin
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi, I am trying to copy my avatar.  Question no1 : Is it even possible and if not, then why ?  I am trying with ctrl and it works only for props.  I made the scene with about 500 props and now I would like to copy my avatar about 200 times. (why ? none of your business)   Just to let you know I made special pose for character. So I need all the avatars stay in the same pose. Noting difficult, just copy those avatars, not doing anything else.   I've tried to copy the pose to other avatars, specially imported again (I don't want to talk about scaling stuff I had to do)  anyway I gave up at avatar no.3 (of 200)  ... as if you want to edit avatar pose on timeline you have to scroll down all 500 props I made before ....     Question no 2 :   Why is the scaling avatars not possible anymore?  Question no3 :  why, when I replace my avatar all settings is deleted? motion included (sometimes you need to edit it cuz you are not satisfied).  Any suggestions welcome. Thank you 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 17 minutes ago
If your character is saved in Content Manager then just drag the number of avatars you want into the viewport. You can have multiple copies of the same avatar although 200 is a bit extreme and will likely bring your computer to its knees. For that number of avatars you will be better using low poly crowd type avatars that can be purchased from the Content Store or Marketplace. Alternatively you can use video of the avatars in the background rather than the actual 200 avatars and place this behind a few "real" avatars.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic