Profile Picture

FPS & PERFORMANCE ISSUES

Posted By pmxinfo 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pmxinfo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello, I'm working on a simple animation and I've discovered that CTA3 is loosing performance each time I preview the animation (space bar).
If I quit the program and restart it, the first preview of the animation (a short 5 sec sequence) is shown with more than 200 fps which is perfect to see all movements, then after working on few keyframes (transition curve for example) the preview is shown at 50 fps and after few changes the preview goes to 12 fps which isn't enough for working. So I have to restart the program.
 I have 16 Go Ram and a GeForce GTX 760 2Go. Is there anyway to clean cache or something that would give CTA the same performances than the first preview ?
Thanks !

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3e753a31-5aca-4bbd-b5f5-68d1.png
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi...

As a project becomes more complex with extra characters and animations, you will see a natural slowdown of the FPS. This happens on all systems, however you are using quite an old graphic card (about 7 years old) so this will also limit the frame rate you can get.

Try loading the sample project '11 G3 Animals' from the Project > Demo folder and make a note of the average frame rate you get. For comparison with my Nvidia GTX 1080 I get a steady 52fps throughout.

Also as the GTX 760 only has 2GB of onboard vram, try lowering your 'Max Real-time Map Size' in Preferences (CTRL+P) to say 1024 x 1024 to see if this improves performance. Also keep 'Real-time Vector Render Quality" on the Low setting while testing performance.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

pmxinfo
pmxinfo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks for reply.
The G3 Animal project (which is N°03 for me, I hope it's the same) can be played at 45 fps.
I'll make tries with 'Max Real-Time Map Size' and Real-Time Vector Render Quality configuration.
Thx again! 

Reading This Topic