Eric C (RL)
Eric C (RL)
Posted 4 Months Ago
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Spring Joints ( Sample Script for February 2020)
In the previous Python of the Month, the Reallusion Python Team introduced the PopcornFX Sequencer sample script exercise which introduces ways to easily and intuitively manage PopcornFX particle emit time and loop status without using the timeline.
This time, we'd like to introduce our sixth Python of the Month: Spring Joints. Through this course and its subsequent fundamental courses, you will learn how Spring Joints plugin works in animation, allowing you to apply spring physics to designated bones and props in the scene. The spring effect is calculated using an algorithm that takes into account several physics elements such as stiffness, bounciness, and damping. This plug-in is versatile and can turn any existing bone or prop hierarchy into an active physics spring chain. You can also create a prop chain by attaching various props together and apply spring physics using this plug-in.
Spring joints can be used to animated mounted drivers and passengers on moving vehicles. This script operates and updates in near real-time.
- You can download the script from the Marketplace.
- To explore how it works, please visit the Python Wiki.
- To get the source code, please visit our GitHub.
Important Notice: iClone 7.7 is Required!Enjoy! If you have any questions about the plug-in and the sample code, please feel free to let us know by replying to this post.
Relevant Fundamental Courses
Be sure to read this first
to help you understand how this sample plug-in works.
You should familiarize yourself with the following fundamental lessons before you proceed:
For more courses and links to other Python of the Month activities, please visit here.
- Transform Math - Access recipes for 3D transformational math dealing with spatial calculations.
- Rotation Math - Access recipes for 3D rotational math dealing with spatial calculations.
- Error Handling - Learn to handle and debug show-stopping errors in code.
- Handling Time - Learn to manage complex timeline features by making a special re-usable class.
- Icons and Images - Learn to deploy icons and images inside a user interface.
Reallusion Python Team
3 Months Ago by
Eric C (RL)