VR 180 from iclone

Posted By GSSEV3D 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
GSSEV3D
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Hi, I was able to make a vr180 test clip from iclone. Vr180 is a youtube format that is a mix between VR and a front facing camera,
Basically 2 180 degree views for left and right  for  viewing in a headset. I had to render the left and right  views in 4k  360 video then took the 2 clips into a video editor ( davinci resolve)
there I was able to crop each clip and fit them into 1 frame and output to 4k.Also had to add vr180 metadata with the free google vr180 creator app. Seems to work and give 3d 180 degree viewing in vr.
Be great if Iclone had this as a render option or stereoscopic 360 video.
Heres a link to the test result if you have a google cardboard viewer or vr headset to see the full effect. make sure the quality is up at 4k setting in youtube for best results in vr.
The limitations with this are 3d effect is less at the edges. 

Edited
4 Years Ago by GSSEV3D
leftnix
leftnix
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I've been trying some 3d 360 videos but I guess I should be doing them in 180 since there's no point turning your head any farther. 
Maybe someone could make a plugin or something that streamlines the process. I doubt Reallusion will want to bother since it's more of a hack then a solution. 
It is nice being able to render out a makeshift stereoscopic VR movie that fast though even if it isnt perfect. 

Blender has a very fast renderer now for spherical cameras but it doesn't do stereo spherical (last time I checked anyway).  There are some tutorials on how to use a rig and make 3dvr  i dowith blender but I didn't  have enough blender experience to follow it. 

Reading This Topic