Crashing issues?

Posted By Angel2nz 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Angel2nz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)Veteran Member (735 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Am experiencing application crash and complete computer failure when using CA4 lately. nothing but the app is open. Running Catalina 15. (latest) on a MBP 2017 16gb. Anyone else experiencing this glitch?
thanks

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Hi... 

If you are experiencing regular crashes with Cartoon Animator 4, please contact Technical Support using the link below and supply the following information. Thank you.

1) Attach the crash report:

- On the dialog that says CTA4 quit unexpectedly click either ‘Report…’ or ‘Show Details’ Click this button.
- This should show the full crash information.
- Select all this text  (Cmd+A)
- Copy this to the clipboard by pressing Cmd+C
- Open up ‘TextEdit’.
- Within TextEdit press Cmd+V to paste the information.
- Now save the file by clicking ‘File > Save’.
- Enter a file name and click [Save].

2) Also attach the Mac system report:

- Click top-left apple icon
- Select 'About This Mac'
- Click "More info..." button
- Click "System Report..." button, and display System information (System Profile)
- Select File on top-menu bar, and click "Save..." button to save.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Alasandro
Alasandro
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I am also experiencing this. Was a solution found? I have submitted my report and my system specs to support. Hopefully there is a fix because I can't get a thing done in CTA4. Crashes "every time" it is opened along with a complete system failure in a few cases.
Alasandro
Alasandro
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

UPDATE:
Out of curiosity I uninstalled the 2d Facial Mocap Suite for Cartoon Animator and CA4 is working just fine without crashing. Soooo... it appears the problem is with the plugin NOT CA4 stand alone.
Any suggestions/fixes for this?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Alasandro (3/11/2020)
UPDATE:
Out of curiosity I uninstalled the 2d Facial Mocap Suite for Cartoon Animator and CA4 is working just fine without crashing. Soooo... it appears the problem is with the plugin NOT CA4 stand alone.
Any suggestions/fixes for this?

Hi... If you have contacted Support about the crashing issues previously, please let them know your new findings. This may help them to track down the cause.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Alasandro
Alasandro
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Peter... I updated my ticket to include that information before i posted it here. Hopefully this helps to get a fix soon.
UNU Studios
UNU Studios
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)New Member (29 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hey there guys. 

Just got CA4 like 2 weeks ago. 
Not new to animation, but new to this software. 
I like it, it has potential to be something great but it's no where near it yet - it could do with some serious extra tools and features, but I'll save that for another forum. 
Mine seems to crash on exit every single time without fail. 
Sometimes it crashes mid project.
I am using it in conjunction with Affinity as a PSD editor.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue, is pressing on REPORT when the crashing report comes up actually doing something?
It seems like it gets sent to another dimension never to be seen again. 

Why do we need to copy paste everything into an email every time. isn't the whole idea of the REPORT button to give the feedback anyway?
I can't imagine that the problem is from my side at all. 
It's a new iMac
only use it for graphic design and animation
Latest drivers and using Catalina.
Thanks in advance guys, would really appreciate any help here. 

Cartoon Animator 4 - Affinity Photo & Design
macOS Catalina 10.15.4
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
sasagnet
sasagnet
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi, I bought this software last week.  I'm experiencing crash from time to time while working on the project and EVERY TIME when I try to export the project. 
So I cannot export the data right now. 
I have no idea what I should do. Do you experience the crash when exporting the project? 
It's a great software but I'm beginning to think about refunding it...it's useless if I cannot export the project. 

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

$argon (4/20/2020)
Hey there guys. 

Just got CA4 like 2 weeks ago. 
Not new to animation, but new to this software. 
I like it, it has potential to be something great but it's no where near it yet - it could do with some serious extra tools and features, but I'll save that for another forum. 
Mine seems to crash on exit every single time without fail. 
Sometimes it crashes mid project.
I am using it in conjunction with Affinity as a PSD editor.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue, is pressing on REPORT when the crashing report comes up actually doing something?
It seems like it gets sent to another dimension never to be seen again. 

Why do we need to copy paste everything into an email every time. isn't the whole idea of the REPORT button to give the feedback anyway?
I can't imagine that the problem is from my side at all. 
It's a new iMac
only use it for graphic design and animation
Latest drivers and using Catalina.
Thanks in advance guys, would really appreciate any help here. 

Hi...

As I mentioned in my earlier reply, for Mac crashing issues, please contact Technical Support using the link below. The Report option you see after a crash is to send the information to Apple. We need to see the crash report as well which is why we request the Crash Report and Mac System Report to be included with the Support Ticket.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sasagnet (4/20/2020)
Hi, I bought this software last week.  I'm experiencing crash from time to time while working on the project and EVERY TIME when I try to export the project. 
So I cannot export the data right now. 
I have no idea what I should do. Do you experience the crash when exporting the project? 
It's a great software but I'm beginning to think about refunding it...it's useless if I cannot export the project. 

Please can you also contact Technical Support using the link below. They will try and help you with the crashing issues.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic