Youtube Abuse...

Posted By pedrosura 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pedrosura
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 days ago
Just got an email stating:

Hi pedrosura,

Good news! After reviewing your dispute, SESAC_CS has decided to release their copyright claim on your YouTube video.

Video title: ""Death Refuge"-Immortal Gordon Blake Series"

- The YouTube Team

Youtube claimed that starting at 39:41 the melody in the music was identical to the melody of a song called "Blue Moon". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntDnwBiORu8

I had to argue with them and go back and forth. They rejected my claim and warned me that if I filed another claim and was found guilty or lose, that there would be consequences like shutting down my account or prevent me from uploading more videos. Since I knew that I had nothing to do with that song I appealed and I won. It seems that you are guilty until proven innocent and they yield great power when making claims like that. My videos are not for profit and none of this really matters to me but it is very annoying. 

I imagine that it was software algorithms that did this but I find it surprising because I find it hard to see how a computer would find similarities between the melodies. 

Bottom line, do not be afraid  to appeal things and youtube, they do make errors. 

Reading This Topic