CT8 Resource Path File

Posted By JmsRyan 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
rcmedia (5/23/2020)

How that I have FINALLY managed to GET the files, how do I now USE them?   <sigh>   I have never in my 30+ years in PC's, had a problem using a piece of software like I'm having with this.  I have installed this software and ALL of my paid components, now 4 times.   And I STILL can't get the heads I paid for.  It is still crashing on exit (stopped for a while, now back) and I'm at my wits end.  I have literally burned a week (since Monday) and I have accomplished nothing.  And I REALLY WANT this software.    It runs FINE (until you exit) and only won't let me use the RL heads I have.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I'm a little confused at the current situation as you have made some conflicting comments here and in another thread about the RLHeads installation.

So can you clarify if the Realistic Human 100 pack is successfully installed. It doesn't matter where for now but is it installed?

And if so, please use Windows File Explorer to find the files and then drag one of the .RLHeads onto a 3D head in CrazyTalk 8. This should load the RLHead replacing the existing character. Does this work?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rcmedia
rcmedia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
LOL, Peter thank you.   I had JUST made that discovery and was heading over to tell you.   It was in a thead YOU were in four years ago ;-)

Thanks!!
rcmedia
rcmedia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)

The import works great (just tested it)

Is there a way to get a catalog of thumbnails so we know which one to load?    That would be awesome ;-)  Perhaps Real has a catalog page someplace ?

Thanks again
rcmedia
rcmedia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

OH and Peter, the contradicting comments appeared so because (I think in a different thread) reported that I tricked the installer into downloading into a different (unprotected) folder by hacking into registry ;-0  Oddly enough, the software allows you to change the other resources, but NOT the folder for RL Heads, during installation.

Now that I know how it all works, it's all good.   

Reading This Topic