Profile Picture

Extreme Lag

Posted By antales 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
antales
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello, I'm using CC3 v3.21 Trial version and I'm having an extreme lag working with the program. There is a 5 seconds window at the start when everything is ok and then it becomes almost non-responsive. My cursor is blinking to a loading circle and back about 1-2 times a second, all menus and dialogs are lagging like I have 1 FPS. I tried reinstalling, playing with options, but it doesn't change anything even on minimal settings (even in wireframe mode).

I have Win10 x64, Intel i5, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 960 (441.87 driver)

Thank you in advance.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

If you are using a laptop that has switchable graphics, please do ensure you are running Character Creator 3 with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 graphics card. Do not use the Intel graphics option that is available on many laptops. You can normally do this by right clicking the CC3 desktop icon and choosing "Run With Graphics Processor".

For more information on switchable graphics please check out the link below. This contains additional instructions on how to select the right graphics card option.

However if you still have problems selecting the right graphics card, please try right clicking on your Desktop and choose "Nvidia Control Panel".

Now select "Manage 3D Settings" from the left panel and then click the "Program Settings" tab from the right side.

Now look through the list of programs to see if CC3 is present. If it is, select it and ensure it is using the Nvidia GTX 960. (If it isn't listed, you can click "ADD" to add it to the list of programs)

Do also ensure that CC3 is using the default Application Controlled graphics settings in the Nvidia Control Panel. If you use a custom setting this can cause this type of issue.

Do try this and then let us know how you get on.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)

How much VRAM is in your GTX 960?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

antales
antales
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)New Member (98 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi,

I don't have a laptop, it's a desktop.
I opened Nvidia Control Panel and CC was not present in the programs list, so I added it. All parameters are set to application, but still it changes nothing.

My GTX 960 has 4GB.
Mikay²
Mikay²
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

I just imported a DAZ model and CC got so slow that it is basically unusable as long as I show the mesh. I noticed this issue before, but it was never as pronounced as this time.
I have a Ryzen 3900X with a Titan X Pascal (12 GB VRam).

EDIT: OK the reason seems to be the hair. It is probably too complex
Edited
4 Years Ago by Mikay²

Reading This Topic