Where Is Walter Pinhead these days????

Posted By LogicalWarrior 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
LogicalWarrior
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
So, is Walter Pinhead officially dead and gone? I actually used to enjoy watching the many adventures that old Walter ran into (LITERALLY... lol). It was discussed about 5-6 years ago that there would be new adventures using the newly created version in CC2. Then, there was no more talk about it. 

Now, if it is okay with the creators, I wouldn't mind giving a shot at the Franchise, as I have a little idea of a little movie for his comeback so to speak. Although, I would need to know what voice option was used for him, given that I naturally use real voice actors/actresses, and the one that comes with iClone 7 (David) doesn't really sound like the Pinhead authentic voice. Now, if it's okay to still use, then I'll do that, because I really don't want to use a real voice for him, given that his character is made to be this way on purpose.

Please let me know what you all think and how can we bring good old Walter back to life, or should we just let him R.I.P., without having a fair shot at living in the world of NEW AGED (somewhat) technology) with iClone?

The polls are officially opened! Smile

LW

P.S. I didn't really know where to post this, so I just went to GENERAL. I hope this was okay for this kind of post. Smile

P.S.S. Should it go forward, would someone be able to create a Gretchen Pinhead (Walter's wealthy older sister [I think], originally created by GrannyJ in G5 format) in CC format? I'm not at all good with characters. I'm only a story creator! Smile

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7900e1d1-850b-49d0-a56a-736c.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6095877e-4ff6-47ed-9d6b-d6f9.png
Edited
4 Years Ago by LogicalWarrior
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

I think Pinhead would definitely like it. Just the other day I updated him with DHS shaders!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/93950722-c4c2-4d88-9450-5550.jpg

As he is currently out of work, he tries to keep in shape with his daily run!

I have to research what his voice was originally. It was Australian. I later used a British voice (Acapela Peter, I think).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

LogicalWarrior
LogicalWarrior
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

OMG!! It is you !! Smile Hey, it's awesome!! Wow!! (Yeah, sorry....HUGE FAN of old Walt here!! LOL)

So, will you bring him back to life in some more adventures? I would prefer the originator of the character to do it. I was just hoping you would come back and have some updated material of him! He was always doing the craziest things, yet finding ways to get out of the mess he would get himself in!! ?ROFL! Smile 

Will he available to download, or how did you get him to look that way?

Yeah, he seems to have picked up some weight with his free time. Then again, that's what all of us old farts do as we get older and less active! LOL! Smile

Thank you so much for responding! 

LW

P.S. Are these voices found in some text to speech program? I am not at all familiar with this area, so yes, it would be like guiding a 3 yr old through this. Hey, I'm just being honest here. Smile
Edited
mark
mark
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

As I remember in the beginning they would just use the basic computer voice (text to speech) that came with iClone. When I did my clips I did my bad Wallace Shawn voice for Walter.Tongue
As far as I was concerned anything goes as far as Walter's voice is concerned.BigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

The voice of Pinhead is Australian Lee (now marketed by Nuance). In the U.S. he is available through NextUp (https://nextup.com/nuance.html).

I can supply Pinhead via my Market Place store. I will post here when that is done (kind of busy right now).

Just like Mark (and others), I did a number of Pinhead movies (see my YouTube channel), but I am not planning to do another one at the moment. I just counted, I did 11 or so!  Crazy

LogicalWarrior
LogicalWarrior
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

mark (1/8/2020)
As I remember in the beginning they would just use the basic computer voice (text to speech) that came with iClone. When I did my clips I did my bad Wallace Shawn voice for Walter.Tongue
As far as I was concerned anything goes as far as Walter's voice is concerned.BigGrin

Well, that's actually refreshing to know. Makes it easier to go with the flow and just make it happen. Smile Thank you for your input, Mark! Smile Hey, where did you post your clips, or do you have any posted anywhere in particular for viewing? Smile

LW
LogicalWarrior
LogicalWarrior
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic (1/8/2020)
The voice of Pinhead is Australian Lee (now marketed by Nuance). In the U.S. he is available through NextUp (https://nextup.com/nuance.html).

I can supply Pinhead via my Market Place store. I will post here when that is done (kind of busy right now).

Just like Mark (and others), I did a number of Pinhead movies (see my YouTube channel), but I am not planning to do another one at the moment. I just counted, I did 11 or so!  Crazy

Hey, I totally understand. No one has all day to horse around! Although, LOL! I will go to the channel and relive the memories, with possibly gaining intel on more ideas to bring back a legen! Smile 

Wow, it was that many? Man, now you see why he was such a beast back then! LOL! Smile Well, I'll try to at least come up with something using him, once you drop the new on the Marketplace. And yes, no rush because it's not like a life or death kind of thing. Well, that and I'm working on other projects currently too. Smile

Oh, and thank you for the link to where I can get the voice. Smile

LW
Edited
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I started using a better quality voice at one point, which is explained here by Pinhead 2.0 to the older G5 Pinhead. It doesn't go very well...Unsure

LogicalWarrior
LogicalWarrior
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic (1/8/2020)
I started using a better quality voice at one point, which is explained here by Pinhead 2.0 to the older G5 Pinhead. It doesn't go very well...Unsure

LOL! Smile So, this is the new voice that you were talking about? The one that is being advertised at the nextup site you mentioned? 

LW
mark
mark
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Hey, where did you post your clips, or do you have any posted anywhere in particular for viewing? Smile LW

Well... if you're clever... you could click on the bottom of this post the images/graphic where it says...Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff
that is my main YouTube channel....and then you can scroll down to the "Shorts" section, click on that to see all the shorts... Pinhead included!

But whatever you do don't watch anything else on that channel!!!!TongueTongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Reading This Topic