Testing Iclone 7

Posted By gondarmail 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gondarmail
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello folks, I just testing and checking Iclone 7 and checking all it got.
One of the questions I have is, that you know on many programs
you can save RGB plus alpha, in another words transparent background.
Can you do this on Iclone 7?
And how, so I can check it out.  Nice Software. Thanks
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Save to frames (PNG).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

You can save your iClone animations as a sequence of PNG images which will contain an alpha channel.
The added advantages of this are:
● Quality (dependant of-course on your selected frame size)
● Pick up where you left off (if, for any reason there's an interruption to your render)

So - yes PNG Sequences are the way to go ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Cross posted with you Mike - lol Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7
gondarmail
gondarmail
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)Veteran Member (647 reputation)

Thanks to all, normally I use the Green Background trick like most of you already know
and save the video with Grass Valley HQX intermediate codec.
But the question was posted because surprise me that such a good
software, could not do that.  Thanks for your quick responds.

I also trying to find if possible to create motion files with a single
Webcam or video, I saw that some place before, you just use bright
taped spots on your body and a webcam, or video with such marks.
If you got a clue, please point me there,,, thanks.
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@gobdarmail - Don't worry, your iClone PNG sequence is every bit as good as the GV Codec. I've used the Grass Valley codec myself (in Vegas) - it's great - but I ended up finding one that is even better (I did a lot of testing). The codec is called "MagicYUV" - not to be confused with "Magix" with the 'x'. Anyway, I rendered out to 30 generations and did a 'switch' back and forth direct comparison between the 30th and the original - and there was absolutely no degradation whatsoever. I highly recommend it. There's a free version which may be suitable for most uses; and there's the paid (I think $12) version which I bought. The paid gives you more options - a whole suite. It's really easy on your PC as it searches footage lightning fast.
It's simply a matter of exporting your iClone project as a png sequence and then going to an intermediate codec like Grass Valley or MagicYUV (or any other) as your next step ....

As far as creating facial mocap with markers (or even without), that's something I too am waiting for a solution on (cost vs quality). I'm yet to purchase anything - but hopefully my budget will eventually meet up with some future product ......

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad12e180-f8e4-45c8-831a-5163.png

The site is:
https://www.magicyuv.com/

Edited
5 Years Ago by sonic7
gondarmail
gondarmail
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks you so much, I will try that.....  !!

Reading This Topic