Posted By marco_dotzler 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Motion Live can not add my 32 Neuron Perception to the gear

Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
You can actually see the same things in the Axis software (like keeping your arms away from your body).  So don't get too crazed over that (and finding out about the shoulder thing did nothing -- it's a problem in iClone and needs to be fixed).

But make up your own mind -- RL is pretty good about letting you try something.  You can always return it within a week or two and get a full refund (I almost did that -- like I said, the only real advantage to me is the sync.  Otherwise I'd just use the Neuron software, which is just as good and offers the smoothing you can't get inside of iClone).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Scyra
Scyra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hookflash (12/18/2019)

Damnit, now I'm reaching for my credit card again! Wink
Re: Shoulder drooping, did they ever get that resolved? Or did you have to come up with your own solution?

They've acknowledged it and it was identified as specific to Genesis 8. I haven't heard about an ETA for a fix. There are a couple workarounds. Maybe you saw the thread by 3dtester where they ended up morphing the shoulders of the mesh. I found that I could do PN calibration with my shoulders scrunched up as high as possible during the relaxed pose, and this made the animations look natural but they would be worthless if applied to any other figure. I think it is better to edit the mesh. Peter said they are going to fix it in a future update.

CC3 & Daz Tricks | CC3 to Unity workflow

Scyra
Scyra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Kelleytoons (12/18/2019)
You can actually see the same things in the Axis software (like keeping your arms away from your body).  So don't get too crazed over that (and finding out about the shoulder thing did nothing -- it's a problem in iClone and needs to be fixed).

No, we are doing different things. At my normal posture, if I animate a Genesis 3 Male the arms will clip. If it is a female, they won't. Maybe I will be a goblin, or an ogre — it is a moving target, and especially for fantasy creatures I need to see myself being a goblin to learn to move like one.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Well, folks who do mocap know these things -- they don't "see" themselves, but the understand the character they are playing.  It's the difference between someone who knows how to act and someone who doesn't.  But I do understand -- acting is difficult and requires a lot of training (I've been performing for over half a century and I'm still learning).

But you shouldn't need to see yourself to do a good job.  Obviously a one-man shop who doesn't use actors but only has themselves (and doesn't have experience) will benefit from all the help they can get.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Scyra
Scyra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, as a matter of fact I am picking up a ridiculous range of skills within a brief period and I do need all the help I can get. I find it more difficult to motivate myself to learn new skillsets as I get older, so if I can throw money at a problem to bypass it, or cut down the time investment, I might just do it so that I can use my energy for the next thing.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I do understand -- at my age, time is FAR more important than money (which is why I bought the second PN suit so my wife and I can do stuff together rather than me trying to figure out how to get two figures to work well recorded separately).

While it's hell to get old, it's certainly nice to have lived long enough to see all these wonderful toys <g>.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Scyra
Scyra
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I did the same thing. She wanted to be an actress at one point...hopefully between the two of us, at least one can act!

Reading This Topic