Profile Picture

HELP NEEDED PLEASE!

Posted By lavabed 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lavabed
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi, I'm new to CrazyTalk, I bought version 3 and have only just had time to try it out! Now it's moved on to version 8! So I'm already behind the times, but before I upgrade to the latest version I wanted to check that it could do what I wanted.
I've been through the basic training videos, so far so good. However I've ground to a halt on the facial animation part and need help from a kind hearted expert please. I'm sure what I need to do can be done easily by someone who knows how to do it.
The character I'm animating has very simple eyes, when he looks left they look like filled in 6's (hope that makes sense??) when he looks right they need to flip horizontally to face the other way. To do this I think it means switching sprites(?) but I can't seem to find a way to do that? None of the tutorials seem to cover that? Can anyone point me in the right direction please?? I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 21 minutes ago
Hi...

I think you may be confusing two different products. Do you have CrazyTalk 3 (which was released over 10 years ago) or CrazyTalk Animator 3?

CrazyTalk Animator (now called Cartoon Animator) and CrazyTalk are two different products. 

So to be able to try and help you, please clarify which product you currently have and try to post a screenshot showing the issue with the eyes so we can understand the problem correctly. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

lavabed
lavabed
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm using this...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/04b698ac-2d61-4270-ba52-3116.png

Which I bought in Nov 2018 but have only just got round to using!
Here are a couple of screen shots of the characters very simple face...
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/603937d8-4212-4d89-b6fb-d375.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6f23f1b5-6832-4dfb-b564-c5f0.png
So when the eyes move from looking left to looking right the sprites would need to change, but I can't figure out how to do it??
Any help greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 21 minutes ago
Thanks for confirming you are using CrazyTalk Animator and not CrazyTalk.

To change eye sprites you do so in the Sprite Editor. Please take a look at the tutorial below which covers the basics of facial customization and using the Sprite Editor.

https://youtu.be/emDkiI29ZOQ

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

lavabed
lavabed
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the reply.
I've watched the video, I get how to change sprites but the eyes on the sample characters, the pupils in particular, move rather than switch to a different sprite which is where I'm struggling to do what I want.
I would happily pay someone to set up my character so it's ready to animate, I can do the animation part I'm just stuck on this sprite switching bit. Frustrating!
Is there anyone on this forum that would be able to offer this kind service do you know?
I can provide all the necessary sprites etc, just need it setting up.
Cheers

Reading This Topic