Profile Picture

Headshot Mouth Alignment in Auto Mode vs Pro Mode

Posted By Spartan133 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Spartan133
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
When I create a headshot using Auto Mode, the mouth line aligns perfectly to the image, however whenever I use Pro Mode, I have to adjust the mouth line. Does anyone know why this is happening and is there a way that I can create a Pro Mode headshot where the mouth lines up correctly automatically, like in Auto Mode?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)

Last Active: 25 minutes ago
Check this tutorial. Last tip is on mouth alignment with open mouth issues.

Spartan133
Spartan133
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)Junior Member (230 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks Rampa, I'm looking at that video now however my image has a closed mouth.
Here are the resultant headshots from Auto Mode (1st image) vs Pro Mode (2nd image). The Auto Mode headshot requires no adjustments to the line separating top lip from bottom lip, In the Pro Mode headshot the line separating top lip from bottom lip looks to be off. 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/09e1c4a7-862d-4a60-b761-037a.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/26c5d000-b3d5-43b1-9477-3109.png

So I was curious as to why they would not be aligned the same, when the picture is the same. I'll try to morphing and rebaking as suggested by the video, but it seems like extra work to do when Auto Mode did it correctly.

Mike
shadybearbklyn
shadybearbklyn
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I'm having the same problem as well. Any other suggestions on how to fix this?
facr73
facr73
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 20 minutes ago
I'm having the same problem too.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Could those of you having problems embed the photo you are trying?  It's difficult to generalize without us having the photo in hand to see ourselves (seeing the results of HS doesn't give us the same feedback -- we need to play with the camera matching to see if perhaps that's the issue).

If you don't or can't post such an image perhaps try and find one you can (I understand some people may be reluctant to share).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
shadybearbklyn
shadybearbklyn
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Here's one I'm having an issue with. I've adjusted the photo diffuse png so that the lips don't have the strange color change, but I was wondering why the lip line doesn't automatically line up. https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/96da8a64-5286-45e9-a4a3-fdb1.jpg
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
The photo has the problem that it's not straight and that the mouth is not in neutral position. So after the initial HeadShot result some more work is necessary. I learned quite a bit from the YouTube tutorials, especially those by Mike Sherwood.

For the mouth for example, you would use morphs to better match the line of the mouth on the photo. After that I did some work with a clone brush in my graphics editor to further improve the mapping.

This is what I got after some tinkering:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9efadf03-737d-4267-84ee-3076.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.4K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 minutes ago
Spartan133 (12/4/2019)
Thanks Rampa, I'm looking at that video now however my image has a closed mouth.
Here are the resultant headshots from Auto Mode (1st image) vs Pro Mode (2nd image). The Auto Mode headshot requires no adjustments to the line separating top lip from bottom lip, In the Pro Mode headshot the line separating top lip from bottom lip looks to be off. 

So I was curious as to why they would not be aligned the same, when the picture is the same. I'll try to morphing and rebaking as suggested by the video, but it seems like extra work to do when Auto Mode did it correctly.

Mike

Hi...

As Kelleytoons already suggested, can you attach your source image so we can test to see what the problem is. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
shadybearbklyn
shadybearbklyn
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Using morphs and then reprojecting the image seems to be the way to go. While the final product of Headshot is much better than CrazyTalk, I wish you were able to set the points on the mouth, eyes, etc. before creating the character. Thanks for the advice.

Reading This Topic