Profile Picture

character jumps when I start animation in Unity - so need to set 0,0,0 somewhere before export of...

Posted By juliein3d 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

character jumps when I start animation in Unity - so need to set 0,0,0...

Author
juliein3d
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I know I need to do something - zeroing something before doing the .fbx export from iClone for Unity, I even asked about this in the last live tutorial but I can't find where to do this. 
 The transform under the attributes tab in the modify panel are set to 0,0,0 already for the character. 

The issue is that I place my exported from iClone and imported to Unity character with its animator in a position in my Unity scene and hit play.  The character animation is great but it jumps to a new position to do its animation.   So where in iClone do I set this so it is zeroed out to stop this crazy jump.  I saw it once in a tutorial like 4 months ago and of course now I am watching them over and over tying to find this one thing...Anyone know this off the top of their head?

The transform under the attributes tab in the modify panel are set to 0,0,0 already for the character. 

I'll keep re-watching the tutorials, but if you know what I am not setting, can you tell me exactly where it is. ;-) thanks!!
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hope you don't mind I copy and paste your question here again. 
The font you chose is a bit difficult to read.

juliein3d:
I know I need to do something - zeroing something before doing the .fbx export from iClone for Unity, I even asked about this in the last live tutorial but I can't find where to do this. 

The issue is that I place my exported from iClone and imported to Unity character with its animator in a position in my Unity scene and hit play.  The character animation is great but it jumps to a new position to do its animation.   So where in iClone do I set this so it is zeroed out to stop this crazy jump.  I saw it once in a tutorial like 4 months ago and of course now I am watching them over and over tying to find this one thing...Anyone know this off the top of their head?

I'll keep re-watching the tutorials, but if you know what I am not setting, can you tell me exactly where it is. ;-) thanks!!
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Did you mean this video?
https://youtu.be/7wtADMIogRw

Reading This Topic