Profile Picture

Exporting bodyparts and clothes to Unity, and issue using same Animation Controller

Posted By ptrefall 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Exporting bodyparts and clothes to Unity, and issue using same...

Author
ptrefall
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, so I've been following Rampa's videos on exporting individual bodyparts and clothing pieces from CC3 by hiding parts/all of the human mesh and deleting hidden mesh on export to Unity.
It has worked really well, but then I started to work on moving the skinned mesh renderers to share the same rig/animation controller, and it's not entirely working.
Bodyparts can share the same rig (replacing the bones and rootBone of the skinned mesh renderer pieces to use the same rig), but I'm failing to get the clothing pieces to work with this as well.
I assume this is because there's some other bone weighting going on with those clothing pieces that the bodyparts don't have.
Anybody has any experience dealing with this thing in Unity?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6ca91249-3bc8-491e-9d1f-6ac8.jpg
Female Dark(1) on the right, Female Dark on the left.
FD(1) works because each clothing piece has their own root/bones/rig, while when trying to share the root/bones/rig with the bodyparts, it no longer works (Female Dark on the left).
ptrefall
ptrefall
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)Senior Member (292 reputation)

Ah, I realized that these pieces don't have the same bones array per skinned mesh renderer, so I'm targeting the wrong bones in the avatar's skeleton. No wonder this doesn't work. Alright, back to the drawing board, this is obviously a Unity issue and not a CC3 issue!
Edited
5 Years Ago by ptrefall
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Does it mean you've found a solution to make it work?
ptrefall
ptrefall
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

For now it just means that I've found why it doesn't work. I have yet to set aside the time to fix it. Hopefully I'm able to some time this week. I'll post a snippet of the solution if I'm able to find it.

Reading This Topic