Adjust Limbal Ring and Eye Color

Posted By Dan Miller 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I'm working in headshot and trying to figure out how to change the limbal ring (dark ring around the iris). Also I need to darken the eye color. It is probably very simple but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do it.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4fded9c6-826b-4cc0-b8d8-d1bd.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e81d2174-ed13-4602-b16f-9387.jpg
Edited
5 Years Ago by danmiller
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
You have some controls regarding the limbal ring in the CC_Base_Eye, Std_Cornea_L/_R Material, Digital_Human Eye "Shader Settings" section, "Limbus" sub-section.

To darken the eye color you can "Adjust Color" the "Base Color" texture map in the "Texture Settings" section of the same CC_Base_Eye, Std_Cornea_L/_R Material, Digital_Human Eye shader.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.4K reputation)

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS (11/30/2019)
You have some controls regarding the limbal ring in the CC_Base_Eye, Std_Cornea_L/_R Material, Digital_Human Eye "Shader Settings" section, "Limbus" sub-section.

To darken the eye color you can "Adjust Color" the "Base Color" texture map in the "Texture Settings" section of the same CC_Base_Eye, Std_Cornea_L/_R Material, Digital_Human Eye shader.

I wonder if my first mistake was changing the characters eyes to RTL base eyes. With RTL I'm using traditional shader and the same options are not available. When I change to Digital Human Eye I get the following result:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ded6d909-d518-4838-a643-a064.jpg

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hmm.. Not sure if this can now be fixed..
But why would you use the old shader instead of the new Digital_Human Eye shader ?

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

But why would you use the old shader instead of the new Digital_Human Eye shader ?

I didn't realize it was old. I recently purchased the Elite Characters with RTL eyes, etc. For me this is one huge experiment since I don't really know what I'm doing. The lighting will be handled in Unity so I suppose I will need, at some point, to see what looks best once the character is in that environment.

So it sounds like the hours spent on my current model is lost if I am not able to fix the eyes. 

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I appreciate your suggestion. I started the project over, this time not replacing the eyes, and I'm able to make the adjustments needed, thanks.

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
danmiller (11/30/2019)

I wonder if my first mistake was changing the characters eyes to RTL base eyes. With RTL I'm using traditional shader and the same options are not available. When I change to Digital Human Eye I get the following result:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ded6d909-d518-4838-a643-a064.jpg

For the RTL eyes is there is no Cornea Diffuse texture, just black in the Diffuse Color swatch.

Make the Diffuse Color white and copy the Eye Diffuse texture into the Cornea Diffuse channel. I ran into the same and it worked fine.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

For the RTL eyes is there is no Cornea Diffuse texture, just black in the Diffuse Color swatch.

Make the Diffuse Color white and copy the Eye Diffuse texture into the Cornea Diffuse channel. I ran into the same and it worked fine.

That's great to know for next time. So it sounds like I can use RTL eyes then. I think at some point I will need to test out RTL vs the Headshot eyes to see how it looks in Unity. Thanks.

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I see another issue. Although I put the Limbus on the eye, it is not shown when rendered. Any idea what might be causing that?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8e9d8c56-72ba-41cb-8131-79b7.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0beb4970-7d0e-4a93-b2a8-5d59.jpg

Reading This Topic