Morph Target Glitches with 1.1

Posted By TonyDPrime 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I have a feeling this is due to 1.1's Auto-blink, but there are stammers and gaps where the link is not entirely matched to character blendshape/morph target movement.
Someties theer will be added movement, other times sync stops and then reconnects suddenly.  But the glitchy phenomenon will be repeatable once it occurs on the timeline.

Here is an example, the Link is somehow disrupted on the Unreal end and the nose-blendshape stops syncing, or, maybe thinks it should be doing a different movement....
In any event the UE4 one is not matching iClone.

Edited
5 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
RL - I made some discoveries I would like to report.

I backed (a) iClone Live Link to 1.0 and the Plugins in Unreal to (b) Auto Setup 1.0 and (c) RLLiveLink 1.0, and I still got the same issue. 
So the issue I reported might not actually be version dependent. 
It also occurs with (a) iClone Live Link 1.1, (b) UE4's Auto Setup 1.02 and (b) UE4's RLLivLink 1.1

Also, upon further research I can now see what I am experiencing as a 'glitch' has to do with keyframes and timeline in iClone.
Testing with Face Puppet and Face Key revealed:
1 - iClone, upon stopping recording with face puppet, will keep the blendshape pose ongoing, however Unreal will not.  Unreal will drop face-blendshape-pose back to default blendshape pose
2 - With Face Key, iClone will maintain blendshape 'pose' beyond activate keyframes, whereas UE4 will drop that blendshape'd pose to default pose once keyframes have ended. 
When this presents it almost appears to be happening intermittently, but it likely it actually has to do with when you entered the last active keyframe for a specific blendshape on the timeline in iClone, with FaceKey. 

In a nutshell - 
My scene with the nose showed that iClone would hold that last nose position indefinitely, whereas UE dropped it back to default pose. 
This is because I activated the nose as a separate keyframe instance on the timeline with the Face Key.  When Unreal saw that the sequence of keyframes ended, it just returned the avatar back to default. 

Edited
5 Years Ago by TonyDPrime

Reading This Topic