Profile Picture

IMPORTING DAZ CHARACTER WITH BODY HAIR SHELL

Posted By davidjohnson65 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
davidjohnson65
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I created a character in DAZ (G8 male) and just applied some basic musculature to him.
I purchased a body hair item from the DAZ store and it requires the application of a body hair shell prior to choosing the style and such of the body hair you want.
All of this works fine for me. I am able to apply the CC3 T-Pose and export the character without issue. I have tried several settings within the DAZ export window but still get the below image once he comes into CC3. CC3 doesn't give me any errors upon import. Appears maybe the body hair shell isn't attached to the arms as it should.
Not sure what I am doing wrong or maybe not completing in DAZ before export. Haven't found any way to fix this once in CC3 either.
Would like to have this item work in CC3 if I could. Also, I am still testing out both systems to see how agreeable they are to each other.

Thanks,
Dave

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5da92df4-b37f-4802-b3ae-734c.png
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 16 minutes ago
Does the body shell have a skeleton? If it does, merging it into the figure skeleton in the DAZ FBX export panel should take care of that.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Rampa's on the right track -- let me know exactly what body hair product that is (a link to the Daz site would help) and I'll see how to make this work.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
davidjohnson65
davidjohnson65
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)Junior Member (128 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Appreciate the help.

Below is a screen shot of the product. I don't see anything specific in the DAZ export screen except something related to attaching clothing to the skeleton.

I only have one more import into CC3 left on the my free license but will purchase in the next couple days so at that point I can work through this without worrying about limits.

I haven't found anything else in DAZ that might be helpful but will keep looking for some kind of setting or such. I am able to pose the character in any position and also apply some of the simple animations within DAZ and don't experience any separations or other oddities concerning the 'hair' item. Everything moves together as it should.
I also don't see any evidence of the successful application of 'hair' to this figure. So that aspect isn't transferring in either as well as whatever is happening to his skin and arms.

Thanks,
Dave 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/733434ed-92b2-4bd9-82b6-16d9.png
Edited
5 Years Ago by davidjohnson65
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Okay, that project uses geoshells.  I cover the use of geoshells in this tutorial:

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic