Merge Mesh

Posted By Dan Miller 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I'm trying to figure out how to import a robot and merge it with a CC3 Elite Character. By merge I don't necessarily mean join the vertices but have the robot fit within the body of the CC3 character. The concept is a character that is an Android; human looking robot. So at times I will hide the mesh of the character or the robot to reveal different parts of the robot or skin as needed. Any tips on how to import and do this? 
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
That sounds a little tricky, I'll have to ponder on that a bit. Wink

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Rampa
This post has been flagged as an answer
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
If you have CC3 pipeline:

Import the robot as an accessory.
Scale to the same size as the character.
pose the character to fit over the robot if needed. Pressing N opens the pose panel.
Click on Transfer Skin Weights in the Modify panel.
Select the "Other" category and auto rig it.

You're done! Don't ever conform it, as it will try to fit to the outside of the character! Wink

You can also rig skeletons, replacement body parts, etc. this way.
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Rampa (12/3/2019)
If you have CC3 pipeline:

Import the robot as an accessory.
Scale to the same size as the character.
pose the character to fit over the robot if needed. Pressing N opens the pose panel.
Click on Transfer Skin Weights in the Modify panel.
Select the "Other" category and auto rig it.

You're done! Don't ever conform it, as it will try to fit to the outside of the character! Wink

You can also rig skeletons, replacement body parts, etc. this way.

Excellent, I will give this a try. I appreciate the help!

Reading This Topic