Profile Picture

Randomized characters in Unity

Posted By per.svensson_749238 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
per.svensson_749238
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (170 reputation)Junior Member (170 reputation)Junior Member (170 reputation)Junior Member (170 reputation)Junior Member (170 reputation)Junior Member (170 reputation)Junior Member (170 reputation)Junior Member (170 reputation)Junior Member (170 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I would like to use CC3 to create random characters and import them into Unity.
I need around 50 characters with random face shapes (random jaw width, eye distance, nose width etc)
I would like to know if that is possible at the moment or if it requires some feature that is on the roadmap?
Is it possible to run scripts in CC3? In that case it would be easy to randomize the morph sliders and export different characters.
Is it possible to export the morph sliders and randomize them in Unity?
Is there any other way to achieve this?

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
I can't give a definitive answer (experts will need to come forward for that), but it could be possible in iClone, which has Python scripting. CC has no scripting, so it would need to be in iClone.

You can do morph animation in iClone, so I can imagine a Python script that changes morph values for the head shape, after which you could save out that particular character.

The option does somewhat exist for older G5 characters, but those are not of the same quality as the current CC characters.

It would indeed be an interesting and useful feature, but it doesn't seem to have ever been requested.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

rewinged28
rewinged28
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I just came here to ask about this exact same thing, it would be a really useful features for random NPC style characters in games, Perhaps being able to set limits to the morph slider randomization amount, as well as limiting which clothing/heair/skin to use too.

Reading This Topic