Profile Picture

CrazyTalk 8 Pro upgrade to Pipeline

Posted By steve.neale20 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
steve.neale20
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi all,

I purchased CT8 pro, and trying to find out if I can upgrade it to CrazyTalk Pipeline, or do I have to pay the full price for Pipeline.

I will end up with two versions of CT8 if I do that, and will only use Pipeline,
so I think a upgrade would be better if available.

I did not understand the difference when I purchased it.
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Hi Steve

All you need to do is visit the page below while logged into your account and you will see the Upgrade price shown for Pipeline.

https://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=ct

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

steve.neale20
steve.neale20
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks Peter, for the quick response.
Those prices look good.
BatMorph
BatMorph
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: Last Week
I sent in a support ticket, yet if my question is answered here first I will delete ticket. I bought CT8 Pro for $69.00. I didn't think I'd be looking to buy CC3 and Iclone7, yet I am. When I hit that link to Upgrade from CT 8 Pro to CT 8 Pipeline, it says $99.00 still, as it is for anyone who never bought the program. As the first gent said, I do not need two versions of CT 8, which I would then have. Can you tell me if it is possible to pay the price difference since the ONLY difference in the one I bought, and pipeline is the exporting? Thank you for your time and help with this situation.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Hi Batmorph

CrazyTalk 8 is now classified as a legacy product which means it will no longer receive any further updates.

Because of this we are offering it at greatly reduced fixed prices. So for example the Pipeline version full price is normally $199 but we are offering it to everyone for $99. Sadly there are no longer upgrade prices, however, even if there were it would not really be any cheaper than what is currently being offered.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

BatMorph
BatMorph
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)Senior Member (404 reputation)

Thank you and I understand and should have read before just buying Pro. I don't want to pay the $99.00 to own two of the same program and really just be paying for the ability to export from CT 8 Pro. Oh well, even $30.00 seemed a bit steep for just one of my avatars. I may try Blender before buying CC3 or iclone 7. It just seems like a company that charges for even tutorials may charge for any little thing they can. Thank you again. Thank you for your time.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Batmorph

If your intention was to buy CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline to use with iClone 7 and CC3, then please be aware that with these versions you can only send CrazyTalk heads to Character Creator 3. Features like importing iClone characters, hair and accessories into CrazyTalk 8 only works with iClone 6 and Character Creator 2. 

Knowing the above restrictions, if you still want CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline and you purchased the Pro version in the last 14 days, then you can request a refund for the Pro version and purchase the Pipeline version instead.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

BatMorph
BatMorph
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Again, thank you for your time and the information. I went ahead and made a new avatar for myself in CC3 to use in iclone 7. I have to say that I am having a lot of fun. I will be buying both programs soon, then start saving up for addons. Yet so far I have been doing a lot with just what you get with those two base programs.

Reading This Topic