Profile Picture

Precedural Genetics

Posted By jeffcales 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jeffcales
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm new to the forum and have been searching the forums, but have probably not asked the right question to see if this is already a topic. Does iClone have the capabilities to create characters that look related using some sort of "genetic procedurally generated" characteristics?
For example, when building NPCs that inhabit a village or whatever, rather than building each family member (mother, father, children, aunts, grandparent's, etc.) the physical features of characters influence other characters that are "related".

If not, how do we put that in as a feature request?

Thanks!

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 41 minutes ago
Not iClone per se, but Character Creator sure does.  You apply morphs and you can apply a "generic" morph with certain characteristics (large chin, small nose, big lips, for example) to each and every one you create (I would apply it more or less depending on the age and/or sex).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jeffcales
jeffcales
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)Junior Member (249 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Kelleytoons,

I'm sorry, I did mean Character Creator as far as the product is concerned. I'll try to be more clear with what I'd like to achieve.

Let's say for instance I create the parent's. From them I can have a new character generated via algorithm within Character Creator to build out children. From their I can age the characters. Have the program do most of the work after a few characters have been artistically directed, but the rest are built out by the software based on my parameters. That way I can build a lot of believable NPC's that will have family and regional similarities. Which often happen in places where families continue live for generations.

I don't want to manually create hundreds, to possibly thousands of families. I'm one person who will create the hero character's and villains but want to build out a mid sized American town set in the 1980's in the Midwest. Though players may never see all of the NPC's, I'd like to have the variety. Maybe I need to build the system out in Unreal Engine instead? Create some base characters and then create morphing abilities with Unreal with some rules to guide further generation.

Reading This Topic