Posted By 4u2ges 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem.png
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Not sure if this is going to do any good, but I am posting a summary for the FT issues created by me,
which have an ASSIGNED status for about a YEAR of so for both - iClone and CC.
Maybe it will serve as a reminder about issues, which were forgotten or neglected for so long.

Feel free to post here the list of your own outstanding FT issues which carry status Assigned for a long time.
I can't tell you how long the *long time* is, but the issues I have listed below are 10 month or older.

======================================================================

Adding to Perform creates 12-16 static frames at the beginning of the clip (FT 3981 - iClone)
Motion keys cannot be written to particular frames (FT 4047 - iClone)
Wrong shaders assignment in .mi export files on complex props (FT 5237 - Iray)
Hidden in scene manager objects make their way into Iray export (FT 4152 - Iray)
Spotlight or Shadow Caster with blunt beam angles generate patterned stripes on objects (FT 3986 - iClone)
Change lighting in the default project (FT 4143 - CC, but directly relates to the issue above)
Converting CC2 to CC3 problems, suggestions (FT 4136 - CC)
Follow Terrain Inconsistency - rebound (FT 5337 - iClone)

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I'm not sure what is the most sad:
- I also have over a dozen in "Assigned" status, at least six of them are in the 11-12 month range  Angry  (I'll work on listing them later)
- I'm pretty sure at least 4 or 5 of my Assigned ones have actually been released, but apparently Reallusion is unaware of the fix  ErmmWhistling
- Many others are in the "Active" state, which I think only that someone has read them.  Some I think are actually very good suggestions.  Not New, not Assigned, not Closed, not Hold... just "Active."  Sad

And while on this topic, I still completely lack any confidence that iClone 6 bug reports and enhancement suggestions are remembered at all.  Are we supposed to re-report them?  That would be dumb.  I have recommended (several times) that when a major release occurs, someone at Reallusion should review the outstanding Tracker Issues, and either close them out or, if still applicable, attach them to the newer version.

Looking back at iClone 6 Issues there are 7 with Status=Assigned.  One of them even has 17 votes.  I wonder what version (or programmer) they assigned them to.  Pinch  And 172 are "Active."  Active?  Really?  On what planet?  Alien

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
5 Years Ago by justaviking
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

I'm pretty sure at least 4 or 5 of my Assigned ones have actually been released, but apparently Reallusion is unaware of the fix ErmmWhistling

That's hilarious. I have couple of those too, which I have ignored for now.
"Active" is a different story. I know there are whole lot of good suggestions coming from everyone, which are probably the majority of the entire FT database.
But they are getting ignored most of the time regardless of votes count. So I gave up on those and figure I'd concentrate at least on those which have Assigned status
where chances are they would eventually be Released. Looking forward for a list form you Dennis...

I have recommended (several times) that when a major release occurs, someone at Reallusion should review the outstanding Tracker Issues, and either close them out or, if still applicable, attach them to the newer version.

I do not have anything for iClone6, but here is the chance to recap/compile those and present all in one thread. Again not sure if this going to do any good for us, but at least it would all be in one place and serve as a reference point.

Edited
5 Years Ago by 4u2ges
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I will go through mine as well. And as Dennis mentioned, what happens to iClone 6 entries? 

Function GetVisemeKeys() missing in API 073 (FT 5951 iClone/Python) - This may have been fixed.

Selecting multiple sub-props in the View Port no longer possible (FT 5469, iClone 7) - Assigned, but ignored I'm afraid.

Custom CC3 characters have no collision shapes, others have not enough (FT 5392, CC3) - Assigned. This was halfheartedly fixed, but the collision shapes have not distinct names, and there are not enough. I had to re-enter this issue and have tried to explain my self as clearly as possible, but no luck...Unsure Earlier this was entered as issue 2063 for CC2.

Auxiliary Light does not work (FT 5274, CC3) - Assigned. This was in fact fixed, so it should be closed.

Plane with displacement map wobbles when rotated in Preview mode (FT 3648, iClone 7) - Assigned. It turns out that this only happens when LOD is enabled, but it is still a bug.

Walk cycle exhibits discontinuity (FT 2064, iClone 7 Beta) - Assigned. Fixed perhaps?

I won't mention my mirror entries for IC6 and IC7...Crazy They are actually quite popular.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

sonic7
sonic7
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

I'll be totally honest .... I *really* think the single most important issue is "walking".
Yes, the most basic motion that any animator would want to execute, and if it can be executed easily (without having to fight it), it would make iClone a *joy* to use, attracting many more sales I believe. It's the most glaring deficiency that exists imho. The sad thing is that it seems almost all iCloners have given up requesting it - as can be seen by the lack of voting support (see pic below). Either that or they avoid wide shots showing feet - or if they do wish to (or have to) show full length walking, they spend a lot of time fine tuning. Some would argue that if you're not prepared to animate (and fine tune) individual frames then you're not a real animator. I disagree. There are many other important aspects to animation than just leg/foot movement. Like I say, if getting realistic walking was 'a piece of cake' then loads more beginners would be encouraged to embark AND loads more who've already embarked would remain motivated and stay creative .... (my $0.02)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/40e213b1-d181-4533-b64e-033e.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
@Sonic - At the risk of venturing off-topic, I agree quite vigorously with your "walking" comment.  For several (many?) years now, I have pleased with Reallusion to work on "below-the-waist locomotion."

My standard litmus test is a person working in the kitchen, where you stop, turn, and do short walks.  Stuff like that is a nightmare in iClone.  Sure, I can walk along a 50-yard (or meter) path and the walking might look okay.  But starting, stopping, and any sharp turns are usually a disaster, requiring way too much manual adjustment, almost on a per-frame basis.  Also changing from a walk to a jog to a sprint is a pain.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Thank you all for sharing your feelings about the Feedback Tracker. I can assure you that all entries in the Feedback Tracker are looked at by the relevant departments and logged on our internal systems. However I do agree that the Status system is a bit too vague and so maybe this is an area that needs to be looked at.

I'll discuss with the team to see what we can do to improve things. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

wires
wires
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Peter (RL) (9/3/2019)
Thank you all for sharing your feelings about the Feedback Tracker. I can assure you that all entries in the Feedback Tracker are looked at by the relevant departments and logged on our internal systems. However I do agree that the Status system is a bit too vague and so maybe this is an area that needs to be looked at.

I'll discuss with the team to see what we can do to improve things. 

Where would we be without all this assistance? Whistling

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

2IDs media:design
2IDs media:design
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello RL,

what about the idea for a Roadmap-Tool like Trello or similar for the Feedbacktracker so all Users can see SEE
what is in which state and see signs of progress?

Indeed, there are many Feedbacktracker entries that get forgotten or dies after a long time.
We self have some errors or suggestions tracked that aren't released yet for example:

https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Textgenerator-for-Iclone-7 (most wanted !!!)
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/3DXchange-batch-processing-the-Sub-Prop-building (second most wanted)
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/real-world-scale-units-in-3D-exchange-AND-Iclone_1

https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Missing-default-project-settings
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Timeline-Enhancement-missings-lost-Trackinformation
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/CAN-WE-HAVE-DRAG-DROP-between-all-Layers-to-sort-props-and-all-kind-of-used-objects-PLEASE
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Manage-the-bunch-and-tons-off-Substance-Settings
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Balloon-and-Cloth-wrong-Physic
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Reflections-missing-Popcorn-FX

https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Some-COOL-Feature-Wishes-to-push-Iclone-7

Iclone is getting even better and better with each release and we hope that our feedback in the Feebacktracker will be released in the nearest future :-)

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@2IDs media:design
Number 2 (your second most wanted) is partially came true in IC 7.6.
When you import objects in iClone 7.6, it asks if you want to group separate mesh as sub-props.
Partially, because you can't *sub-prop* them selectively. It's all or nothing.

Reading This Topic