Profile Picture

G2 Characters with Multiple Angles without using Flash?

Posted By toonmanbill 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
toonmanbill
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Greetings,
What is the best way to create G2 or G2+ Characters with Multiple Angles and turns without using Flash?

I am looking for good tutorials.

I have CA4 pipeline.

Thank you!
Edited
5 Years Ago by toonmanbill
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
you would need to create your body parts in your favorite graphics editor and import them using the sprite replacement method, one at a time. its a pain in the ass but it can be done.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
toonmanbill
toonmanbill
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Ibis Fernandez (8/23/2019)
you would need to create your body parts in your favorite graphics editor and import them using the sprite replacement method, one at a time. its a pain in the ass but it can be done.

Thanks for tm’r reply Ibis. You are very kind.
This is funny, I was just watching your YouTube channel when I got this email.

I don’t use Adobe products and I like the way we can create and turn characters all around with G2 for any view angle.
I am surprised that we have to depend on Adobe products to do this, especially with the pipeline version..
This is very disappointing.
vepop
vepop
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ibis has a product that makes creating a G2 character easier.
Check it out!   BigGrin

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
toonmanbill
toonmanbill
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

vepop (8/24/2019)
Ibis has a product that makes creating a G2 character easier.
Check it out!   BigGrin

Do you need flash to use it? I don’t want to depend on adobe products. I don’t use or want to use flash or whatever other product from adobe that replaces it.
Edited
5 Years Ago by toonmanbill
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You can use DrawPlus x8 (V14.0.0.19) by Serif and use the DrawPlus template (sim to flash template).
DrawPlus is out of print but I think copies can still be had. Just don't update to V14.0.1.21 where they broke the SWF export.
Otherwise you are stuck creating and importing each sprite separately.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

toonmanbill
toonmanbill
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

jlittle (8/24/2019)
You can use DrawPlus x8 (V14.0.0.19) by Serif and use the DrawPlus template (sim to flash template).
DrawPlus is out of print but I think copies can still be had. Just don't update to V14.0.1.21 where they broke the SWF export.
Otherwise you are stuck creating and importing each sprite separately.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
Unfortunately, DrawPlus x8 is only for windows pc.  I use a Mac.

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Those are your only options if you want to work with full-on templates. Your only other alternative is to use the sprite replacement method which you can use with ANY program whether its Microsoft paint, krita, or  Maya or whatever. As long as you can produce an image in it, you can drag and drop it into CTA.

So, you don't have to depend on adobe products but its your choice as to how difficult you make it for your self. Learn the sprite replacement method,  Just draw what you want and replace your sprites one at a time. 

Here's a sprite replacement demo, again use whatever you want to create the actual body parts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHVjJ2rBmdA

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.

Reading This Topic