Profile Picture

Is there a way to import DAZ hair and clothing to iClone character creator?

Posted By johnson198889 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Is there a way to import DAZ hair and clothing to iClone character...

Author
johnson198889
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)Junior Member (133 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm a complete newbie, I know, but.... I made a character in Character Creator for a test project of Apknite and would like to add hair and clothing to it from DAZ.
I've found numerous tutorials on how to import characters and props into iClone, but I can't find anything about importing DAZ hair and clothing.
Do you need to import a full character? and then just move the clothing to who you want? Or maybe... import a character with the clothing and hair you want, and then change the head to the character you made? I don't want to use a pre-made character, I made one I like, but the options for clothing and hair are so limited.
Thanks in advance! 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
You can indeed import nearly ANY Daz clothing and hair into iClone but you will need Character Creator Pipeline, which makes it a one-button solution.

There are ALL kinds of tutorials on the process but it really boils down to exporting from Daz as FBX and pressing one button (called Transformer) inside of CC3.  The hair and clothing come in and you can save them as separate items or an entire outfit, and then use them on ANY CC3 character in iClone.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic