Profile Picture

Hey :)

Posted By Grumpsalot 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Grumpsalot
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Just saying hello also. I am really looking forward to the learning experience and adapting to the programs Smile 

Motherboard-Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU-I7-3930k@3.2 Ghz (overclocked-4.5
Ram-64 gigs Kingston Hyper Beast
GPU-2 1080 GTX in SLI

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Welcome to the family.  Smile

What application(s) will you be using?  No matter which, it's good to hear you're looking forward to the learning experience, because that never ends, but is (usually) part of the fun.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Grumpsalot
Grumpsalot
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)Senior Member (448 reputation)

Thx Just,

The requirements of what I am working on are lower I think than usual projects as I aiming at a graphic novel. A good friend suggested I try the toon shaders in IC7 . Once I saw CC3 I bought into it and 3d exchange. Since I have an old Kinect I will be trying the Mo Cap plugin. Right now I am trying to regroup after getting those 3. I am using Poser Pro 11, Daz Studio (mainly for export), Photoshop  CS6(hate subs lol) Silo, Zbrush, Vue 11 Infinite, uu3d Pro, Verve Liquid Painter, Mandlebulb 3d, Incendia, Clip Studio, Unreal Engine and more. Never really intended on making a movie though. I was planning on running characters through different scenes and taking Stills to Photoshop. Very intuitive program and I have already made several clips.

The image I have posted here is the look I am trying for. I have a large number of sets I can use. I posted this in the wrong spot earlier. I think this is better. I left the wings flat for Text and am retexturing the outfit for a more cohesive feel. It was mainly a test to see if I was headed in the right direction. 

All I can say is wow about CC3. I was around at the start of Poser in the 90s and the Poser wars. I have always liked Daz but detested Daz Studio. CC3 is a great evolution Smile Its going to take days to get everything I want for the project inside it and then IC7. 

And yes, this above all, the learning experience is fun. Keeps old Grumps like me active Smile
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9d2b89dd-1ac8-4664-8f02-e650.jpg

GPU-2 1080 GTX in SLI

Edited
5 Years Ago by springmelt
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Hey, that's cool that you plan on doing a graphic novel.
Is that your own artwork that you posted?  Very vibrant.  Smile

A handful of us participated in a project a while back where we used our favorite protagonist (Pinhead - not the horror movie character) and the only guideline for the project was to do it in a "comic book" style, so no animation (other than minor effects, like if you wanted a flickering candle).  I had a great time doing it, posing the character and composing the shots in iClone, and then I used "Comic Life" to create the text bubbles.  I hope you have as much fun as I did.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Welcome! You'll find that there are quite a number of elderly iClone/CC users...Unsure

I am working on a graphic novel at the moment. It is based on an animation movie I was working on but as that is slow going for one person I am converting my scenes to comics panels.

It would be sort of a super storyboard. I'm using Comic Life 3 for the layout of the panels. It's a nice program. Here are the first two panels:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d18bc57f-229e-469d-949a-d369.jpg

Everything is rendered in iClone. I don't use iClone's toon shader, but instead apply post-processing in Paint Shop Pro (poor persons' PhotoShop) to get a sort of gritty, semi-realistic look.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

@springmelt Welcome to the Forum Smile ...
@Animagic  Wow! I really like your novel ! Amazing what people can do with iCone !
Yeah, about elderly ... Crying
Cheers!

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by Bigboss
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Animagic,

Very nice work.

Vikings pillaging?  I like it.  Smile

The planet Zeeray?  Is that where they produce Iray?  Wink Tongue

Edited
5 Years Ago by justaviking
Grumpsalot
Grumpsalot
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

@ Just.  I can see that your group had a great time on the Pinead vacation project. That's a lot of fun and I seem to remember a similar case of the itch but in my case it was dark and I had picked the wrong spot hehe. Yes I can laugh now.....Ermm BigGrin

@ Animagic I was planning on using stills also. Putting a character through motion sequences will allow me to find the best pose and you did a great job here. Its something that will help out a lot if I start publishing in the Discover section of Line Webtoons. I will be sharing the Prologue here first though Smile Don't procrastinate. Your super storyboard is a great approach not only as a layout for the film but to tell the story. Space Vikings! BigGrin and Thank you for the welcome Smile

@ Bigboss Thanks for the welcome Big but don't be downhearted about the elderly part. We all made it this long. For my part I hope I survive long enough to see the conclusion of One Piece BigGrin

GPU-2 1080 GTX in SLI

Reading This Topic