Profile Picture

Please Help - Which software do I need?

Posted By gambiarran 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gambiarran
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi All,

Firstly, let me start off by saying I have only so far downloaded a trial of CrazyTalk 8 and it is amazing, however with so many other software titles from Reallusion I am really confused which one/s I need.

Let me briefly explain what I am trying to accomplish, and then hopefully someone can point me in the right direction...

I am making lots of video tutorials for our team with mainly me as the presenter. However I wish to allow certain members of the team to modify the content (Spoken script's) so we can explain the same sort of things, several ways according to new team members understanding. The problem for me will be the workload, I really don't want to spend all day remaking the same videos with slightly different wording. Hence I wish to effectively digitize myself!

I will most likely be using some kind of AI to clone my voice, so people can simply send me their wording in a text file and I can input that into the AI TTS and that will output my voice in a .wav file.

In an ideal world I would just like to upload the voice.wav and have my digital representation speak the words within a video, or do I have to remake the video every time?

I would also really like my digital version of me to look as life like as possible and I just don’t think I have the skills to add hair etc to crazytalk, other than shaving my own real hair off hehe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reagrds
Arran

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Arran

Welcome to the forum. Smile

If you only require a talking head character then CrazyTalk 8 will be the way to go. If you want a full-bodied character that can be fully animated then might also consider iClone 7 for realistic human characters, or Cartoon Animator 4 if you want to go with a more cartoon or comic character.

In terms of the learning curve, Crazytalk 8 is the quickest to learn as you only have to create a character from a photo, add a voice, optionally create some custom facial animation and add a background.

If you decide to use TTS for your character's voice, this won't be your voice. You would need to choose a TTS voice already on your computer or a voice that you have purchased from a 3rd party supplier. You will normally have one or two voices depending on the OS you are using. Of course, you can record your own voice, or use a pre-recorded wav file.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic