Will iClone 8 be compatible with Mocha?

Posted By Ascensi 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ascensi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Hi Reallusion, I hope you modify iClone itself if needed to be able to get a plugin working with it. I'd be happy to beta test any secret development Wink I've contributed to solving workarounds for memory problems/crashes with big Indigo projects through your ticket/feedback system among other things.
If the main issue to be reloved is speed believe iClone could be faster using the Vulkan API to access both multi CPU & GPU cores asynchronously as well as multiple GPU Cards and CPU together with far better performance than SLI or crossfire that may be comparable to using multiple RTX linked graphics cards. 
Based on the demo example that Mocha was working fine with iClone, the only technical problem I foresee Reallusion/iClone would have are performance issues/glitchy playback and crashes- I've only had that with low virtual memory settings and slower GPUs. Your team would also have a harder time trying to identify glitches if it was crashing do to performance/memory problems.

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi... Unfortunately, it's way too early to be talking about iClone 8. We still have several updates coming to iClone 7 that are the current priority.

We did originally have plans for a Mocha plug-in but this was cancelled due to some unforeseen technical difficulties. At present, I do not know of any plans to continue work on a Mocha plug-in.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic