Profile Picture

G3 Character : issues with feet connecting to legs

Posted By johnb78 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
johnb78
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello , as a beginner with CT4 i am constantly learning . I have been riging all my charcters G3 with the PSD method. I am impressed with what i have been able to do so far but an issue i have is when previewing characters it has been hard to situate the feet bones so that they do not disconnect from the leg on one side when the charcter does certain movements.

All in all CT4 is very impressive , the lip syncing capabilities are very impressive and produce a good result that then only  needs a slight tweaking... here or there..

Also wondering if anyone can help with any info on how to use the camera..

I always thought CTA was maybe not good enough but i have very much changed my mind..  I do appreciate the timeline will take a bit of time to get used to working with but i have done more in 3 weeks with CTA than i could in 6 months with the App i will not even name such is my hatred for it..
Well done Crazytalk.. keep up the good work...
vepop
vepop
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Click the CAMERA for the actual view of what goes inside the screen ... 
Anything outside the box will not be captured in the video.

Not sure what you meant by " hard to situate the feet bones so that they do not disconnect from the leg on one side when the character does certain movements"
No problems for me so far.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
johnb78
johnb78
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)

Thanks for your reply ,   what i meant was that sometimes depending on where i place  Foot bone and foot bone 2  ,  it might end up with one side of the characters leg detaching from the characters foot wnen walking or running ,  the result is that my character starts walking like Keyser Soze ,   thats the best way i can explain what i mean...
I appreciate trial and error in order to find correct methods and will just experiment with where i place the bones..  i have several characters where i have not had this problem  , i suppose different shapes of foot will require different bone placement..

and like that , he was gone... 
vepop
vepop
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The joint parts should overlap each other and place the bone in the centre.
This will fix the two parts there.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
johnb78
johnb78
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you   ,   that is the way the bones are placed in the characters i have   ,   whose feet have worked ok ,  I should have just stuck with that  ,  Thanks..

Reading This Topic