Profile Picture

iclone 6 fundamental tutorial video

Posted By Giovans 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Giovans
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi,

Is the iclone 6 fundamental tutorial video still relevant for iclone 7?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
The basics are the same for both iClone 6 and iClone 7 so if you are a complete beginner you should find the Fundamentals videos will help you get a good start.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Giovans
Giovans
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)Junior Member (173 reputation)

Thanks Peter,

How about the videos found on the iclone 7 webpage? Are they not as good as the iclone 6 fundamentals?

Just asking. thanks.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
You will find a lot of the iClone 6 basics tutorials are not repeated for iClone 7 because there is not much difference in how they work. The Fundamentals training course is, of course, more in-depth but we also have a large library of YouTube video tutorials that will also help get you started.

Therefore it is good to check out both iClone 6 and iClone 7 tutorials to find the best selection of introductory videos. The links below should help.

https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/tutorial.html

https://www.reallusion.com/iclone6/iclone_training.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Giovans
Giovans
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks a lot Peter,

DebMark Productions
DebMark Productions
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Peter,  It's been a while since I took your course on iClone 6 Fundamentals.  You helped me individually a lot on the cloth dynamics of a towel being passed to another person and their drying themselves with it.  I have just updated to iClone 7 and want to transfer all of my custom assets to that directory so that I can easily access them.  Is it just a simple copy from C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\iClone 6 Custom to … iClone 7 Custom?  I'm afraid to do it without asking, lest I mess up something in iClone 7.
wires
wires
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
You can safely copy all of your iClone 6 custom files directly to your iClone 7 custom directory without causing any issues. It is possible that when opening iClone 6 files in iClone 7 that a message may pop up informing you that some features are no longer supported, or have been changed, but this will not disrupt iClone 7 from working correctly. 

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

DebMark Productions
DebMark Productions
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)Senior Member (462 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks.  I'm surprised that new versions of iClone don't automatically ask if you want the assets from the previous version added to the new version.

Reading This Topic