Profile Picture

Rendering video in transparent background

Posted By yumas00 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
yumas00
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi folks. Does anyone knows if this is possible to render CA4 video with transparent background. I know it is possible when you render as GIF, but in GIF, the voice is not exported. And also GIF runs as a loop, whether video stops on last frame. I'm trying to use it within Power Point presentation where animated object with transparent background is really essential.  Would appreciate your kind advise. Thank you. Yuri 
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Hi, as I know
You can export a transparent background as MOV format. 
There is an online manual regarding export GIF as a transparent background.
http://manual.reallusion.com/Cartoon_Animator_4/ENU/Pipeline/Content/Resources/ENU/11_Export/Quick_Export/Quick_Export_GIF.htm?Highlight=transparent%20background
yumas00
yumas00
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)Junior Member (121 reputation)

Thanks for the tip. Understood about GIF. But I need insert to Powerpoint an animation with voiceover, which GIF has not. Video will deliver both animation together with voice.  I couldn't find an option in CAT4 to render or save video in MOV format.  I would appreciate your advise on that. Many thanks.
barrysampson
barrysampson
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)Senior Member (444 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The option to export a MOV file only exists on the Mac version (I guess you are on Windows). You probably aren't going to be able to do what you want on Windows without using an additional tool. 

You could export the animation as a PNG image sequence and then bring that into a video editor to sync the audio. As long as the video editor supports it you can then export the video with a transparent background. 

You could set the background to green, export the video (complete with audio) and then remove the background in a video editor. 

There is one option that might work in PowerPoint  but it will depend how precisely synced you need the audio.You could export as a GIF, import that and the audio into PPT and then use animation triggers in PPT to start the GIF and the audio together. I'm not sure if they will start exactly in sync though. 

candlelight2007
candlelight2007
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Can't speak for Windows but I have done it on my Mac by selecting MOV as well as Apple Res 4444 codec. Worked like a dream.

Reading This Topic