importing a character with cape

Posted By niceblinkluck 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
niceblinkluck
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
LOL...yes...ill be using character creator 4 and the new cartoon characters...lol....if i can ever get mat head around the best way forward....they must wear the costumes i have already designed for them as im doing comics as well. 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 11 minutes ago
Okay, just woke up (5:30am here) and am trying to get my head in the right place to reply.

First of all, sticking to CC3 (Character Creator 3 -- no such thing as 4) characters is your best bet for working in iClone.  It gives you all kinds of advantages, including being able to use almost anything from Daz in the way of avatars, clothing and hair.  You *can* import avatars through 3DX, but you won't be able to use any iClone clothing or much else with them, and they also can have many issues with other things (like facial animation).  MUCH better to stick within the universe by CC3 Pipeline.

As to getting your avatar to look like the one you posted to me -- not *completely* easy but doable.  The Daz superhero suit has zones which should allow you to get very, very close fairly easily.  The rest (the minor details) you can either have somewhat different from your print version (hey, even Superman looks different in the comics than he does in animation or live action :>Wink or you can learn the techniques you will need to get him right. OR you can reverse engineer him (which is to say, you can change the comic version to match what you could achieve by the animation).

I started to put together such an avatar for you but it got late and I got sidetracked on the cape/cowl (I found a cool one in Daz but I had to create a UV map for it.  Easy to do with 3D Coat but that's still another tool for you to have and while it cost less than $100 -- I think $79 right now -- it might be asking too much for you to get.  But eventually you may want it anyway, as it's insanely useful for 3D work).  

Today is my tennis day, and since this is the first time I'm trying it in many months (due to surgery) my time may be limited (IOW, after I try this I may be in so much pain I may not be able to sit at the computer).  Let me see how it goes and if I can squeeze in an hour or so I'll try and come up with something close.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

ARRRRRRRRG...CHARACTER CREATOR 3
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

HI MIKE hope you are ok after surgery....i cant reverse engineer the costume...two 2d cartoons are on you tube that took a long time to create and the first self published comic has been on sale some months with a second drawn waiting to go to print in september. 
the thing doesnt have to be done this minute so if you are in pain and watching tennis thats fine...its enough that you would like to help.
I dont like using realistic figures...so thats why  i like the new cartoon figures so much...also it fits in with my almost bruce tim look...that im trying to put a little of in my comics
sooooo......thanks a ton for saying youd like to help....no rush....
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OOH IF YOU NOTICE HE WEARS A HELMET A BIT LIKE LIKE CAPTAIN BRITAIN....NOT a close fitting mask
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

obviously if you think it will be too hard thats fine..it was amazing of you to offer help
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 11 minutes ago
"Watching tennis" -- LOL, I almost never *watch* tennis.

No, today I'm going to give it a shot after many months off.  Playing.  So we'll see how it goes.  And I will get *something* of your avatar going.  If nothing more I'm sure to have all of tomorrow (since after today I don't intend to be moving around too much :>Wink.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

OH WOW,,thanks...do you have the new iclone cartoon characters to use as a base? ....enjoy tennis
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Obviously we live in different parts of the world, I live in Manchester England...hence my superhero is the Mancunian. His chest emblem is a Manchester bee...they all look like this...you can spot them all around Manchester...https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e92493f1-5cc2-4b11-84c0-a5fa.png
niceblinkluck
niceblinkluck
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

After a terror attack at an Ariana grange concert in Manchester she got the tattoo to show support...https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1a2e7f91-3174-4e6d-8826-486d.jpg

Reading This Topic