Profile Picture

consistant crashing on Mac version of CA4

Posted By Kirk Lemieux 5 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Kirk Lemieux
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (439 reputation)Senior Member (439 reputation)Senior Member (439 reputation)Senior Member (439 reputation)Senior Member (439 reputation)Senior Member (439 reputation)Senior Member (439 reputation)Senior Member (439 reputation)Senior Member (439 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
This program crashes all the time.  There is no specific time that it occurs other than when I am making some sort of change. Could be adding an animation or just changing some sprites.  I constantly save my projects because I know it is going to happen soon. Very frustrating. Shortly after posting this it has decided to freeze after adding wav files....  
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kirk Lemieux
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hi Kirk

Sorry to hear you are having these issues.

Please, can you contact Technical Support using the link below. They will be able to work with you to try and resolve this problem.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

michaellegge52
michaellegge52
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
He's not the only one. It does crash about every 5 or ten minutes, and all the work that was done is lost. Very frustrating. Should have an auto save feature, because I can't always remember to save it every few minutes. 
Also, after a while, the face puppet window freezes and won't work.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

michaellegge52 (5/27/2019)
He's not the only one. It does crash about every 5 or ten minutes, and all the work that was done is lost. Very frustrating. Should have an auto save feature, because I can't always remember to save it every few minutes. 
Also, after a while, the face puppet window freezes and won't work.

Please do remember to contact Technical Support using the link below if you are having serious crashing issues. Once they have your system information they will be able to help you to try and resolve the problem.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

hitchio
hitchio
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
yes, this is correct. 2 days after the software was released, i bought it for mac.
crashing, freezing all the time. i sent screenrecordings to the technical support.
this was 3 weeks ago - no update for mac user till today - what happens?
it seemed they never had any alpha- or beta- testing.
very frustrating, indeed.!!!
kiberdan
kiberdan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have the same problems. And it seems no point to contact the support because the global update is needed. I had no choice but to use CTA 3 again. Animator 4 seems like an early beta now.
And also it works much much slower than CTA 3. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Please be assured we are urgently investigating the crashing issues affecting some Mac users. Those affected are urged to contact Technical Support (or keep in contact if you already have). The more information that is supplied the quicker a fix can be found.

We do apologise for the inconvenience these issues are causing.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

davidcarducci
davidcarducci
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hello,

I'm having the same issues with my MacBook Pro. 
(Specs: macOS Mojave on MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2017; Procesor is 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7; Memory is 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3; Graphics is Raedon Pro 540 4GB and Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB).
It's frustrating. I'm going back to using CrazyTalk Animator 3 for the time being, but I'm anxious to use the new features on CA4.

I'm very much looking forward to the Mac fix!

Dave
OldRoz
OldRoz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)

I can't even tell you how many times it crashed today. I think one of the above posters had the right idea: go back to CTA 3 to finish current projects. Very upsetting given the amount of money I've paid for CTA3, CTA4, and tons upon tons of content. I just bought content yesterday and am kicking myself. Yes, I've reported it to technical support and on the Feedback Tracker. I'm trying to work on something while I have time today, and most of my time has been wasted.

I just gave someone a good recommendation on this software, too. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by OldRoz
OldRoz
OldRoz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)

Same here. The crashes were at least a bit less frequent for a couple of weeks, but today, the program is virtually unusable. Instead of getting things, done, I'm just getting angry. 

It is extremely disheartening to see how many posts there are, and how there hasn't been a single fix in all this time

Reading This Topic