Profile Picture

How to have characters pass each other on a path?

Posted By AncientWire 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
AncientWire
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I would like to create a path for characters to walk along.  Easy enough - I can do that!
Now I want to have another character, hopefully using the same path, follow behind the first character but at a faster pace.  When they get to the same point, the faster character has to go around, then get back on the path.
Then I want to have a third character walk towards the first one, and when they meet, they each dodge to their right a bit to pass, then continue on the path.
I am unsure how to look up how to do this because searching for "path" returns lots of irrelevant results.
So, what is this called?  Is it possible? or does each character have to have their own path?  Is it something I can program in python?  (I haven't started learning python yet)
Thank you!
Helene

Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
if you assign charactor 1 to 100% at 29 seconds
you would need to assign charactor 2 to get to the same point earlier, say at 26 seconds...
of course you also have to not have them both leave at the same time as well
or start at different points

it would be easier to hold control and move the path slightly to clone it

Edited
5 Years Ago by Kipster
Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
i did this test in 2013 by just animating the path length
meaning i just made the flash's path longer at the last frame (transform-scale)
they were both equal at the first

https://i.imgflip.com/1rahz.gif

Edited
5 Years Ago by Kipster
mark
mark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I would use a "Dummy" object on the path and link the avatar's to that. The avatar's can then be at different positions relative to the path and still move in relation to the path...

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Reading This Topic