Profile Picture

CTA 4 crashes importing psd-created character

Posted By Stintfang 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Stintfang
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)Senior Member (488 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Before I going into the support ticket area I would like to ask whether anybody had this issue too and probably a tip how to solve it.

I used the psd template for Cartoonanimator4 to create my own character. It imports fine into CA4 and I can move it properly. So far so good.
Then I save the character file in my library and save the scenefile to expand the scene later.
But as soon I have saved them CA4 closes without warning. And neither the saved scene file nor the single character file loads. Instead CA4 crashes immediately.
I wonder what the issue might be.

any toughts?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Does the crashing issue only occur with this custom character or projects including this custom character?

As a test, if you repeat the process with one of the default characters, or the sample character included with the PSD templates, does the same crashing issue occur?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

johnson03055
johnson03055
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
You are not the only one. On the first day of CA 4 I tried to import some characters that I already had set up in version 3 and save them so I could continue work using the new version. But CA4 kept crashing. After many attempts I just went back to Version 3. I figured it just is not ready for Prime time. My expectation is that, like most new releases, it will take time to work out some of the bugs.
hitchio
hitchio
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

yes, i agree. this software has a lot of bugs and should not be selled.
i wrote to support from the beginning of outcoming version 4, i couldn´t work
in CTA4 pipeline on mac, because there are too many crashes - got no answer til today.
in fact, as soon as i want to choose a character - CRASH!!
choosing an object from library - CRASH!!
want to edit a character - CRASH!!

i sent my crash-reporter, but no answer
OldRoz
OldRoz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
It crashes a lot. I can no longer create a morph-based head for a character. After the face fitting, the head is not attached to the body. It comes in more like a prop. I got it to connect a couple of times, but it is not consistent. Then I'm lucky if I can save the project. I cannot save the character. I hope that they read those crash reports and will do something to improve this. 

Today, Undo/redo is disabled. Oh boy...
Edited
5 Years Ago by OldRoz
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

@OldRoz, @johnson03055

Sorry to hear you are having issues with CTA4. We are investigating these issues which seem to be affecting some Mac users.

If you are having serious issues with CTA4 that prevents you from using the software, please contact Technical Support using the link below. They will work with you to try and resolve the problem.

And for minor issues and glitches, please remember to report them in the Feedback Tracker below and they will be looked at by the CTA team. If you just post on the forum your issue may be overlooked.

Thank you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

hitchio (5/9/2019)

i sent my crash-reporter, but no answer

I had a quick check and see we received your crash report and video yesterday (10th).

Please allow a short time for the Support team to analyse your crash data and then they will get back to you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

OldRoz
OldRoz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)Veteran Member (983 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi, Peter!

Thanks for responding so promptly, and on a weekend, too! Thanks for the link to the feedback tracker. I will definitely use it. I also try to be detailed in my crash reports. It's worth the time if it helps fix things. Smile I didn't want to open a ticket because I figured that staff would be overloaded on the first day or two. But I will communicate better now. 

I love Cartoon Animator 4 a lot. It is a ton of fun, and I marvel at its capabilities. Those capabilities enhance my own. 

I have to tell you that I used the Face 3D Tracker for the first time today. I was very intimidated by it, but worked at it right along with the tutorial, almost step-by-step and re-playing what I didn't understand. I got it to work on the first try! I need to get good at using it, but what a thrill it was to see a character mimic me in real time. 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Roz... Thank you for the kind words and for your understanding. I agree Face3D is pretty amazing. The team did a fantastic job bringing this low-cost but powerful option to CTA4Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Morolost
Morolost
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Same issue here. I have a quadruped psd file ready to import. However as soon as I try to import it in CTA4 it crashes.

I thought maybe the image resolution was too high so I reduced it, still crashes.

Pretty annoying as I have projects that I'm supposed to be working on at the moment.

Reading This Topic