Profile Picture

Using CC3 for creating graphic novel characters

Posted By dgkamen 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dgkamen
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I would like to create characters for a book I am making and it seems like CC3 would be perfect for that.  Looking for some advice about it.  Thank you.
Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
CC3 will allow you to make a variety of characters which you could use in Iclone or export for use in other software depending on the version you use.
I bought the Pipeline version along with the additional Skin and Morphs pack and I can indeed build many character types.  Other figures (eg from DAZ) can be imported too.

I presume you want to have many images for your novel with numerous characters and different scene settings.  You will need more than just Character Creator to do that.

You will need to obtain (or create) clothes and hair styles and also obtain objects of all kinds to build your sets and scenery.  You will need to pose your characters.  All this would apply to any other software besides Character Creator which you could use.  There are good software packages out there.

Iclone and Character Creator could be used for sure to make very good still images.  Iclone's motion files could be paused mid-action to get many good poses. 
ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hello,
I have used Daz for graphic novel creation. I render the images then manipulate with Gimp to simulate the appearance of drawn characters.  I switched to iClone 7 this year for animation.  The CC3 characters would definitely fulfill the same function for me, since I am not aiming for photorealistic images in my graphic novels. The iClone roadmap for this year appears promising as it will facilitate wrinkles and aging morphs which keep your characters from all appearing the same age.  Once the new functionality is in place, I would recommend the IRay plugin. Images rendered in IRay are astounding in detail. Even with post render processing they provide the detail necessary to look professional in a published graphic novel.

Nathan

Nathan

Reading This Topic