Profile Picture

Longtime scenes, and 27.000 frames limit. How handle it?

Posted By zenyaz 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Longtime scenes, and 27.000 frames limit. How handle it?

Author
zenyaz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have a large scene.
In manual i saw following In manual i saw following
"it's good to break your projects in less than 5 mins and later use an external video editor to merge and compose your workit's good to break your projects in less than 5 mins and later use an external video editor to merge and compose your work"

Ok.
I have a scene with 40000 frames
I decided to split scene into 2 parts (scenes)
1st part-scene
1-25000 (25000 frames)
2nd part-scene
25001-40000 (15000 frames)
For merging it in videoeditor SEAMLESSLY i must start 2nd part from ending of a 1st part.
My idea was delete first 24950 frames in 1st scene, move my last keys to the start, save this file as 2nd scene, and finishing my 15000 frame in it.
In my scene approximately 100 static props and 3 avatars.
When i try delete frames first  in my 1st scene all keys are deleted, and position of all avatars are misplaced.

I need some kind of SNAPSHOT of last frame in my 1st scene, and from this snapshot i start 2nd scene.
The question is:
What is the right workflow for seamlessly merging scene?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
iClone supports projects up to 54,000 frames or 15 minutes in length. As your project is 40,000 you can just render it without splitting the project at all if you want.

If you do want to render in two parts you can set the export range for the first part to 1 - 25,000 and then when that's complete set the export range to 25,001 - 40,000. There's no need to split the actual project up.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

zenyaz
zenyaz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)Veteran Member (945 reputation)

Peter (RL) (4/12/2019)
iClone supports projects up to 54,000 frames or 15 minutes in length. As your project is 40,000 you can just render it without splitting the project at all if you want.

If you do want to render in two parts you can set the export range for the first part to 1 - 25,000 and then when that's complete set the export range to 25,001 - 40,000. There's no need to split the actual project up.

Ok. TOMORROW i need realize project with 1 hour of animation.
Anyway, is there a workflow for seamless merging scene?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
If you are making a movie that is an hour long you will find it best to create your projects as individual "scenes". That is to say, each project is a complete scene and ends as the scene finishes (it will be very unlikely you will have a single scene that is longer than 15 minutes). This will make editing easy and is the way movies have always been made. You certainly don't want projects ending in the middle of conversations, or in the middle of action scenes etc. which will only make life difficult for yourself.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
5 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
zenyaz
zenyaz
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Peter (RL) (4/12/2019)
If you are making a movie that is an hour long you will find it best to create your projects as individual "scenes". That is to say, each project is a complete scene and ends as the scene finishes (it will be very unlikely you will have a single scene that is longer than 15 minutes). This will make editing easy and is the way movies have always been made. You certainly don't want projects ending in the middle of conversations, or in the middle of action scenes etc. which will only make life difficult for yourself.

Ok. Example.
I have 100 objects, which moves independently in my first scene. At the end of state they have some position,rotation, e.t.c. I need continue (start next scene ) with exactly this placement of objects. (i.e. this is chess party, and placement of figures). It's main point.
I found a solution
1. Go to last frame
2. Place transform key for every my 100 objects. (100 times)
3. Delete all frames except first and last.
4. Move last keyframe to first.
5. Extend scene, and save it under Part2.iproject

It's quite annoying, so that is why i use "SCENE SNAPSHOT" term (frame with ALL keyframes of all parameters).
Maybe somebody develop this script with python support?
Or we have more simple solution?

animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

You can remove the scene animation, which will freeze everything at a specific point.

Right-click in an empty are in your scene. An option dialog will come up:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7f110e1a-b115-4a6f-b664-666d.png

Select Remove Scene Animation, and then select what frame to keep (First, Last, or Current).

Just out of curiosity, unless your movie has a continuous flow of time without any jumps (i.e., 15 minutes of action is 15 minutes of movie), there normally is no need for continuous scenes that long.

I usually keep my projects at one or two minutes at the time, where a project will then include a number of camera angles.

There is also a practical reason. Rendering shorter stretches has the advantage that if you need to make a change you don't need to render out 10 or 15 minutes worth of movie.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
BE SURE TO USE "SAVE AS" FREQUENTLY.

You are in very dangerous teritory, having one, huge project file.  What if it ever got corrupted?  Re-creating one scene is painful, but you'd experience a whole new level of pain if your entire project failed for some reason.

I strongly recommend you break the project into multiple files (and still make frequent use of Save As).

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic