Profile Picture

Package to buy?

Posted By OldAssMan 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
OldAssMan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Looking for suggestions as I asked support chat and left even more confused.

I am working on a game, I will be using CC3 to make the characters, possibly importing a little Daz content here and there. I will be doing a lot of animating and also exporting animations for the game (UE4 and/or Unity). I am not real worried about the AutoLOD feature too much. But I need to be able to do the following:

Create, edit and animate characters
Export characters and animations to my game engine in FBX format
Some importing of DAZ models

I don't mind spending the money on a package, as long as it fits my needs Smile So if I have to get Exchange Pipeline I will.

Thank you in advance!!
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I'm surprised Support couldn't advise you. For what you want to do you do NOT need 3DXchange.

I would get CC3 Pipeline, which will allow you to export to games and also transform DAZ characters to CC and import DAZ clothing content. 

Then I would get iClone to create animations. CC doesn't show animations but can export characters with animations as FBX.

There is a Character Creator 3 Animation bundle that includes iClone 7 and CC3 Pipeline: https://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=cc (scroll down to halfway the page).

To make CC3 more versatile I would also get the CC Essentials pack: https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/Character-Creator/Pack/CC_Essential_Morph_Skin/default.html 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

OldAssMan
OldAssMan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)

Excellent, I appreciate the advice.

I will plan on getting the Animation bundle then, I was pretty sure that was all I needed now that they have the transformer add-on, but its not in the trial so i couldn't test the work flow, but I figured I would ask to be sure, the person in support chat was nice, but not real helpful really. I don't mind spending the money, IF it was needed, big chuck of cheddar though if not needed Smile

Thanks again for your time.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 21 minutes ago
You need CC3 Pipeline and iClone for your requirements. Smile
OldAssMan
OldAssMan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Which are both part of the Animation bundle Smile

mmarsyada
mmarsyada
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Just so I understand this. I currently own CC3 Pipeline. If i want to animate for Unreal Engine, I can just buy standard iClone, create my animations, import them somehow to CC3 Pipeline and export the animations from CC3 Pipeline as fbx, negating the need to buy 3D Exchange Pipeline? If this is the case, is there a tutorial on this process? I am currently using Maya LT to animate. If i can animate in 1 software suite, this will make me happy!

Thanks in advance,
mmarsyada
Edited
5 Years Ago by mmarsyada
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 21 minutes ago
mmarsyada (4/13/2019)
Just so I understand this. I currently own CC3 Pipeline. If i want to animate for Unreal Engine, I can just buy standard iClone, create my animations, import them somehow to CC3 Pipeline and export the animations from CC3 Pipeline as fbx, negating the need to buy 3D Exchange Pipeline? If this is the case, is there a tutorial on this process? I am currently using Maya LT to animate. If i can animate in 1 software suite, this will make me happy!

Thanks in advance,
mmarsyada

CC3 Pipeline and iClone will cover your needs just fine. No other packages needed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qZsU5jaW2M
mmarsyada
mmarsyada
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thank you!

Reading This Topic