Posted By Brianna_M 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question.png
Brianna_M
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have created a character in CC3 and now want to put it into Soul City to see how it works.
(I have gone through the tutorial for creation of the controls of movement with a mouse and keyboard.)
I want to make it walk, sit jump run, animate the character I guess.
How do I do that what is the sequence for that?
Is there any tutorials out there I could watch and learn from.
Is there any learning material that documents the process of character creation from step one to the last step of the character working in a game?
I have looked for these things and there is a lot of material out there but it is not well organized and in a sequence which says, "Do this first...this next...this third..." to get from a blank slate to a completely developed and finished character ready to go into any game.
Thanks.
03/19/2019

The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
As iClone is more of a tool than a step by step solution. There is no clear way. It depends what you need/want/quality...

Some like to use the reach tool to make animations. Other use mixmoves, keyframing, puppeteering, bought animations, mocap suite, python...

Tips is to start with a walk cycle. Google it as there are tutorials out there for iClone to do that.

I am a bit in the same situation and it seems "try everything" is the way to go. As you will notice that some workflows may fit you better.

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
Brianna_M
Brianna_M
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)Veteran Member (603 reputation)

Thank you for the reply.
I guess what I am looking for is a road map.
What is the first thing you do?.
  Yes I know you have to create a character and learn how to use the program.
  I have done a lot of that I am ready to create things.
What is next?
  Now I have a character, what should I do next?

The end goal is to create a working character that can be used in a game.
  How do you create a character that can be used in a game?
  What are the steps to accomplish this?
  What is the first thing you do? What is the second, the third? And so on.... ?
  Once I have created a character how do I make it walk in a game? Jump?
  (I know about the controls for a mouse and keyboard controls I have done that and created a blueprint for it.)
  Do you add animations for this? How? What program do you use for that?
  At what point in the creation process do you do that?

It seems that there must be a basic process that is followed to create a working character in a game.
Thanks.

The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Sorry, still at "creating character". Just skimmed over some tutorials and experimented when it comes to animation so far.

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
vidi
vidi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
seems to me you  have not iClone, only CC 
But for animating you need iClone . CC is only to create a Character  

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
5 Years Ago by vidi
Brianna_M
Brianna_M
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

vidi (3/22/2019)
seems to me you  have not iClone, only CC 
But for animating you need iClone . CC is only to create a Character  

This is part of my question.
Do I use IClone to add the character's ability to walk, run jump sit and other things a character in a game might do using that program?
Or is there another process?
I am trying to find the sequence of steps needed to start from nothing. Create a character, and add that character to a game.  I want the character to be able to walk, and run and all that stuff.
I have these products:

The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Character creator: create characters and morph targets for character (note: not in character)

iClone: Create animations for your character and add morph targets into character.

3DXchange: Export character to FBX to use in game.

I am a little lost how we will deal with multiple animations. If you export each animation in a separate FBX. Or add alla animations after each other and split it when in ex Unity (set different start and stop times)

Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
In stead of people trying to explain everything step by step, you can go to the tutorial page and go through the videos,
which already cover everything you are asking here ,You can not animate in Character Creator 3 you can export
to game engines with attached animations but you will need to go through a set up process which is covered in
the tutorial videos in the link below  go to the sections for unreal unity....

Character Creator 3 tutorials

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kevin.S
Brianna_M
Brianna_M
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

The-any-Key (3/22/2019)
Character creator: create characters and morph targets for character (note: not in character)
iClone: Create animations for your character and add morph targets into character.
3DXchange: Export character to FBX to use in game.
I am a little lost how we will deal with multiple animations. If you export each animation in a separate FBX. Or add alla animations after each other and split it when in ex Unity (set different start and stop times)

This is an answer I can accept.  It tells me what I have been asking.
It does not go into the specifics I would like to still know but this answer tells me more than I knew before and perhaps this is enough for me to move forward in a methodical way to my goal of a character I can put into a game.

I appreciate your response.
Thank you.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Brianna_M
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Brianna_M (3/21/2019)
I have created a character in CC3 and now want to put it into Soul City to see how it works.
(I have gone through the tutorial for creation of the controls of movement with a mouse and keyboard.)
I want to make it walk, sit jump run, animate the character I guess.
How do I do that what is the sequence for that?
Is there any tutorials out there I could watch and learn from.
Is there any learning material that documents the process of character creation from step one to the last step of the character working in a game?
I have looked for these things and there is a lot of material out there but it is not well organized and in a sequence which says, "Do this first...this next...this third..." to get from a blank slate to a completely developed and finished character ready to go into any game.
Thanks.
03/19/2019

If you want to learn how to create animations that can be exported to game engines, please take a look at the Beginners section of the page below. There are some good tutorials which will help you learn the basics of scene creation and animation. These were originally produced for iClone 6 but are still very helpful if you are new to iClone. 

https://www.reallusion.com/iclone6/iclone_training.aspx

You can also find "Basic" tutorials for iClone 7 which are well worth a look and will help you get a better understanding of the processes involved.

https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/tutorial.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic