Make shirt disappear?

Posted By rowjlan 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rowjlan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hey all! I have a scene where a character removes their shirt. Any suggestions on how to do that?

I opened the shirt in the timeline, but I couldn't twirl down the carrot and find a transform track or anything to try to put a keyframe in there for when I'd like it to disappear. 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Kevin.S
This post has been flagged as an answer
Kevin.S
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
You can make anything invisible with opacity ether over time or instantly...
You can make clothes vanish body part props what ever you want its the easiest
and most effective way to do this...

here is a quick sample, quick tip video

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kevin.S
dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Maybe same thing like that:

My YouTube channel.
Walvince
Walvince
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

I made a little test, it's far from perfect but it was really quick to do so I guess we can do much better.

Basically, there is two clothes : the "real" one, set on the avatar, and the "fake" one  with cloth simulation.

Here are the main steps :
- First, I add the fake cloth with opacity 0 at the exact same position as the real one.
(Don't know if there's a better way but to get the prop version of the cloth what I do is : load the avatar to 3dxchange, export it as .obj, load the obj and then only export the desired cloth as a prop)
- I link it to one of the avatar's hand
- I activate physics for the fake cloth (you have to use a custom weight map in order to have one static side, the one being grabbed. If you don't do this, the cloth will fall on the ground)
- Then I set the real cloth opacity to 0 when it is being grabbed.
- At the same time the fake cloth is set to opacity 100
- If needed we can adjust the position of the fake cloth, and voilà...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c3f51e17-954c-4087-8b74-c010.gif

There's of course a lot to do to have something really good. But I think you can do this sort of thing.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Walvince

Reading This Topic