Issues of morph target, soften edge and cloth thickness

Posted By mostafa_khaleghi64 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem.png
mostafa_khaleghi64
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi there
I just exported a custom clothing character for unreal and I have 3 main issues to solve:
1- I soften the edges of the dress in Maya and I seems OK in CC but the exported mesh in UE4 looks harden. What should I do in except what I did in Maya?
2- I remeshed all the cloths and used two poly extrudes for the edges in Maya to fake a thickness but in CC when I run collision in conform the edges looks weird. Should I leave then thin?
3- When I use morph sliders in skeletal mesh window my character goes back a little in front axis by each slider. So why is that?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e4e1ef4e-ae51-4d62-b9cf-087c.jpg
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
mostafa_khaleghi64 (3/16/2019)
Hi there
I just exported a custom clothing character for unreal and I have 3 main issues to solve:
1- I soften the edges of the dress in Maya and I seems OK in CC but the exported mesh in UE4 looks harden. What should I do in except what I did in Maya?

Try to switch the Normal Import Method to "Import Normals and Tangents".
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/abb28922-35ff-4465-b216-b4cc.png

2- I remeshed all the cloths and used two poly extrudes for the edges in Maya to fake a thickness but in CC when I run collision in conform the edges looks weird. Should I leave then thin?

We are checking it, will get back to you soon.

3- When I use morph sliders in skeletal mesh window my character goes back a little in front axis by each slider. So why is that?

Can you specify the process? Which sliders were you using?
More information like step-by-step images or video will be a great help for us to clarify issues.

Thanks!
The-any-Key
The-any-Key
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
The "goes back on the front axis" is a problem I got too when I try export morphs from CC3 and use them in 3Dxchange.

You can reproduce the error by:
3Dxchange: export the "Open" morph as .obj.
CC3: Export as .obj with default morph.
Open it in a 3d editor, ex Blender.
Blender: Import the CC3 .obj. Import 3Dxchange .obj. You will notice that the CC3 morph is moved a bit in the forward direction compared to the 3Dxchange morph.

Bottom of this page:
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Exclude-tongue-eyes-teeth-from-obj-export-and-fix-origin-difference

iClone 7, 3DXchange 7 Pipeline, CC3 Pipeline, CT8 Pipeline, Iray, Live Face, iPhone Xr, Win 10, i9 9900K ~5GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB, 16GB Ram, M.2 SSD
Edited
5 Years Ago by The-any-Key
mostafa_khaleghi64
mostafa_khaleghi64
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)Junior Member (177 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Can you specify the process? Which sliders were you using?
More information like step-by-step images or video will be a great help for us to clarify issues.

Hi, Thank you for answering. I won't have access to my office pc for a week so right now I can tell you some quick notes:
1- I followed official tutorial of CC website a movie for exporting for unreal with lod and etc.
2- I think the main reason for this behavior of morph targets is the UE4_ A_Pose animation becasue when I assign this pose as an animation sequence to the skeleton the offset will happen again. I mean the skeleton is a little pushed back because of the pose and it will go further back when you assign the pose as animation again.

And about the edge thickness I really need that feature so please give me a correct method for thickness.

Reading This Topic