Profile Picture

Has anyone noticed the lip syncing works better for record voice option, compared to update an audio...

Posted By Data Juggler 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Has anyone noticed the lip syncing works better for record voice...

Author
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Today I made a quick video, and the lip syncing was probably not perfect to anyone who really pays attention, but it was good enough I could publish a video and focus on content without wasting time on mouth poses (vsemes is the word I think).

My microphone (Shure SM7B) is probably too good for my noisy apartment, so I have to record with my microphones interface 'amp' option turned down, then amplify using audio software (Audacity and / or AVS Audio Editor) and it comes out to sounding near studio quality now that I moved my PC away from my desk and put a 2 inch thick gymnast mat in front of it.

When I upload an audio file, the mouth poses just don't seem to sync as well. 

From my past experiences, audio files were so bad I used Text to Speech and adjusted my audio file to match, but the recorded voice option is close enough I could eliminate the audio editing.

The only problem is this means I have to record between 3:00 AM and 4:45 AM, and I usually go to bed about midnight.

Just curious if this is unique to my environment or if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Edited
5 Years Ago by Data Juggler
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Data Juggler
This post has been flagged as an answer
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Thank you very much for the video. And I agree, I wish Reallusion would add something like PapaGayo, what a great editor for vsemes compared to a timeline.

Python is on my to do list, I am in the process of releasing several open source projects so I can go back to playing animator and wasting (investing) a bunch of money. 

Open source doesn't pay that well, but animation is an expensive hobby when you count the new graphics card I had to buy, the new case to hold the new graphics card, paying someone to move my mother board to the new case because of the if something goes wrong I would lose money at my day job.

Then you take into account all the characters and scenes and props and software and microphones and it adds up.

I will play around with this on the weekend when I have more time.

Thanks again.

PixelDatabase.Net

Edited
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Yeah, the purpose of that video is to show you can use Papagayo with iClone.  Indeed, since I made that the new Python release for iClone makes it easier (because now we can delete and move visemes on the track -- so just add the command to delete them all first.  If this turns out something you want to use, let me know and I'll alter my script for that purpose).

I also have a number of tutorials on just using Papagayo (for the other animation program, but they are then applicable for iClone).  It's really easy, though, and I think the results would be great in iClone (as I said in the video, I use Liveface so I don't really need this, but it was kind of a thing on my "to-do" list long before we got facial mocap available.  I still might use it for some of my pre-recorded audio tracks I have).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Just a theory - The difference you notice may be due to the sound quality of the audio. 
But in this case, less is more perhaps....
If the recorded audio has higher treble/volume peaks that are less compressed, it may be the case that such peaks more easily trigger phonemes mapped on the timeline by the conversion process.
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

TonyDPrime (3/11/2019)
Just a theory - The difference you notice may be due to the sound quality of the audio. 
But in this case, less is more perhaps....
If the recorded audio has higher treble/volume peaks that are less compressed, it may be the case that such peaks more easily trigger phonemes mapped on the timeline by the conversion process.

Actually more is more probably. When I record directly from IClone, I have to crank up my AMP just like I do for Skype conversations.
For Skype it doesn't matter if people hear a little background noise, but for a video it just ruins it. 
But now that I think about what you said, by using the raw video amplified IClone picks up the syllable changes better probably.

I only did 1 test, I was planning on doing more testing if I ever get caught up. 
I am going to try using an amplified version to do the vsemes, and then I can use a edited version for produced animation.

Kellytoons option looks great if I can get it working, but any steps that can be saved is always best.

I will try some more tests after work. 

PixelDatabase.Net

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
I wish Reallusion would add something like PapaGayo, 
what a great editor for vsemes compared to a timeline.what a great editor for vsemes compared to a timeline.
PapaGayo!! it has been a while since I heard that name.
It is a great utility, I still have it installed over on my older Mac where 
I used to use it  quit a bit it during my brief foray into 2D animation
with the old anime studio pro software years ago.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7190f75b-b62d-4b69-b5ef-d9cf.jpg

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Edited
5 Years Ago by AutoDidact
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Kellytoons, is that code file published on GitHub or anywhere? 

If not, could you post the source code here, or email me please?

I am ready to Python tonight (is Python also a verb, or would be slither like a lawyer)?

Thanks

PixelDatabase.Net

Edited
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

In that video on YouTube there's a link to the code (it's Dropbox so it lives there permanently).  Hmmm, tried to copy it and it didn't work.  Let me know if you can't find it there (it's in the comments section where someone else asks for it).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
3dtester
3dtester
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Pretty awesome stuff, although currently beyond my scope Wink
I will surely check this out at a later time.
Thanks guys!

Reading This Topic