Profile Picture

Can you import custom rigs into CC3 and comform clothes on them?

Posted By lollosone 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Can you import custom rigs into CC3 and comform clothes on them?

Author
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have some custom rigs that I would like to try with CC3; although it seems that either you use the CC3 meshes or import them from DAZ. I don't see anything like the transformer feature, but for generic humanoid figures.

Is there a way to use custom human figures in CC3? I have made a lot of assets like clothes and such; and would be nice to have one format so I can comform these clothes on my custom mesh. To give a reference, most of these meshes are already rigged (some with autorig from mixamo, some from MMD, some came already rigged); while few are just plain OBJ in the T pose.
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.6K reputation)

Last Active: 15 minutes ago
No. The only 3rd-party characters you can use in CC (via Transformer) are those from DAZ, Poser, and HiveWire.

Any other custom characters need to be imported via 3DXchange and can then be used in iClone.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

davidmaximo
davidmaximo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (736 reputation)Veteran Member (736 reputation)Veteran Member (736 reputation)Veteran Member (736 reputation)Veteran Member (736 reputation)Veteran Member (736 reputation)Veteran Member (736 reputation)Veteran Member (736 reputation)Veteran Member (736 reputation)

If you could create a blendshape for your custom character that targets the same shape as a CC rig, you might be able to import most of your clothes library to CC without too much tweaking.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.9K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
accessorYou can import all the clothing and auto-rig it in CC3. There is also weight mapping tools for additional touch-up.

You don't even really need a Tpose. You can pose the character to your clothing, and then auto rig. Also note that in 3.04, there is an "Accessory" item in the Create menu. That is now how you import OBJ, and even FBX to rig to your character.

If you import your existing clothed characters through the Create/Accessory menu in FBX format, the clothing will all import as separate items. The body will to, and you can just delete it. Bones will not be imported. 3.04 only, for FBX accessories.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Rampa
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

davidmaximo (3/11/2019)
If you could create a blendshape for your custom character that targets the same shape as a CC rig, you might be able to import most of your clothes library to CC without too much tweaking.

That would involve using the main mesh and modify it. The problem is that I have totally different meshes that are not originated from the main CC3 mesh, so that would imply a lot of work that would not really be feasible in my current state.
lollosone
lollosone
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Rampa (3/11/2019)
accessorYou can import all the clothing and auto-rig it in CC3. There is also weight mapping tools for additional touch-up.

You don't even really need a Tpose. You can pose the character to your clothing, and then auto rig. Also note that in 3.04, there is an "Accessory" item in the Create menu. That is now how you import OBJ, and even FBX to rig to your character.

If you import your existing clothed characters through the Create/Accessory menu in FBX format, the clothing will all import as separate items. The body will to, and you can just delete it. Bones will not be imported. 3.04 only, for FBX accessories.

Although that works for clothing; the problem is that I have a figure that I want to import first.
Imagine I want to make a clone of an anime character; my first step is to modify the base CC3 character look and proportions; and sadly the DAZ figures are more on the realistic side than the anime/cartoon side, so can't use that as starting point

Unless I misunderstood your post; I can ony import OBJ or skinned DAZ figures Sad

Reading This Topic