Profile Picture

Need Someone to Make a Feature Movie

Posted By theWW 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
theWW
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago

I am looking for a freelancer that knows how to use iClone. I want to make a feature film (90 minute drama) using the software. The movie has about 10 characters and about 15 extras. Characters talking to each other in a psych hospital, an office, living rooms, bedrooms, car scene, walking in the park, outdoor scene with trees and plums, and one fight scene. Please reply with fee if interested.
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
That is quite an ambitious project, and it will not be cheap.

There are established rates for free-lance animators: https://work.chron.com/freelance-animator-pay-scale-2698.html.

Rates are per second of animation and even at the low end you are looking at at least $200 to $300 per second for 3D animation. As there are 5400 seconds in 90 minutes, this will add up.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

andrew.genaille
andrew.genaille
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Is that American?I’m actually pitching an animated movie to producers tomorrow, I live in Canada so we basically take our pitches to the National Film Board of Canada or Telefilm for funding. My email to them this morning I said you can get five or six animators to do a feature if it’s not complex, Pay them about 50 grand each so they can eat and pay rent... shoot the movie with mo-cap. The overall pitch was getting a feature for under a million Canadian.
animagic
animagic
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Yes, it refers to the US situation and for commercial productions as far as I can tell. Of course, I never earned any of that, but given the OP's question I was kind of curious.

In Canada things may be different. But for a realistic budget it would be good to get some numbers that refer to Canada.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

bennydee
bennydee
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)Veteran Member (667 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Yes I can send me mail sokomba40@gmail.com and check out my Instagram page @therealbennydee and YouTube nightlight tv
theWW
theWW
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)

way too much $$$. Thanks for the info. I better start learning this software.
Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hi theWW,
I'm very much the amateur here but I wonder whether you have checked out Reallusion's Pop Video software?
You can film real people with a real camera against a green screen background and then insert the results into 3d scenes created in Iclone.
The filmed actors are inserted as billboards, I think and, as such, can be placed anywhere and resized.
If your main intention is to get a 90 minute story told, this could be one way - assuming you can enlist some members of a local drama group and sort out their release requirements. 
illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Using "inexpensive" 3D software does not equate to an "inexpensive" animation.  If you really want to know how much a production is going to cost, I suggest you make a one minute trailer, or scene, that represents the style, level of quality - basically a "finished" product - and see how long, and how much it costs.  It's not money or time wasted as it's a perfect way to get investors, or film boards, to finance your feature.  It will also help you create a "credible" budget.  One minute scene $$$ x 90 (plus at least another 25% for the many challenges that you aren't expecting).
theWW
theWW
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

thank you, that is good info to know!
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
theWW (3/10/2019)
way too much $$$. Thanks for the info. I better start learning this software.

You have the right idea now....
Why should you pay someone $ for animating, when you could animate and someone could be paying YOU!

Reading This Topic