Feet Going Vertical in iClone 7

Posted By rowjlan 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rowjlan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hey everyone! 

I have a technical issue that I've been going back and forth with iClone Support about since November, and I still haven't gotten an answer.

Often when I load a character, one of their feet is pointing at the sky. The issue also occurs when I have a character move over a certain distance. I've attached a screen grab of the problem below, and here is a link to a file with the issue. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OfWxbme7nfinfO0IQaPSAor-QE50SRaahttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/20ec3e83-22ff-4ce4-aad0-0819.jpg

I've tried wiping and re-installing iClone. I've also updated to version 7.4, but it still happens. 

I started a thread in the Tech Support site, and they asked for a file that has the issue. They said they received it last month, and I've contacted them twice since then, but they don't answer. 

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful!!

Thanks! 

gordryd
This post has been flagged as an answer
gordryd
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
What happens if you go to the Avatar's Modify panel and turn-off 'Foot Contact'?

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Rampa
This post has been flagged as an answer
Rampa
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
That looks like you have foot contact enabled, and some terrain above the character.

To quickly check, disabling the the foot contact as Godryd mentioned should return the foot to the ground.

You may also have something in the scene that you have converted to terrain, but the "Use Bounding Box" for it is checked in the Modify panel. This would cause a box that encompasses the entire terrain to be used for foot contact. If disabled, the foot will contact only the actual surface where it is over the terrain.

rowjlan
rowjlan
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks gordryd and Rampa! Turning off "Foot Contact" took care of it. 

Some of the assets in the terrain had the "Bounding Mesh" box checked, others didn't. I wasn't able to select the Bridge that was over the Avatar, or find it in the Scene panel, but now that Foot Contact is off he's back to normal. 

thanks for your help!

Reading This Topic