Profile Picture

Suit Demo Failing in CC3

Posted By mchacon_662011 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mchacon_662011
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi--I am trying the basic "create a body-suit accessory" (detailed in one of the YouTube videos). When I try to load the model into CC 3 I get Failure to Load File.

1. I downloaded the FBX templates--they are for MAX and Maya. I'm using Blender.
2. I selected the MAX_Male template.
3. I created the body suit by copying the male mesh (the body, arms, and legs), duplicating it, making it a separate object and scaling it up slightly.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8433c330-c99c-4da1-a06f-6dac.png

NOTE: There is a collision at the wrists and ankles. I can't figure out on Blender 2.8 how to scale everything so that there is no collision. Is that the problem?

4. I saved it as an FBX.
- I removed the LEAF Nodes check
- The Armature modifier is still checked (and I tried both keep modifiers and not, no difference).

5. When I select the Male template FBXKEY, CC3 starts loading--but then fails with no better error message that I can see.

Any help? 
Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
1. you dont need to import the avatar back to cc3, only a obj of your suit
2. you can fix the problems areas in cc very easy usually just using conform once will do it.
depending on how well you lined it up

mchacon_662011
mchacon_662011
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)

How do I import just the .obj? I can't figure out how to do that (only recognized file is .fbx)
Skuzzlebutt
Skuzzlebutt
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
top menu
create
cloth,hair. acc

mchacon_662011
mchacon_662011
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks--I loaded it--it says it's in there--but I'm not seeing the mesh anywhere. 

Any idea what might be going on? it had a material. When I loaded it through create, though, I didn't get a pop-up for what kind of bone it's connected to . . .
mchacon_662011
mchacon_662011
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I found it. It came in super-small for some reason. Sad

Trying to figure out what's up with that.
mchacon_662011
mchacon_662011
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hey,
In case anyone is reading:
1. For some reason going between Blender and CC3 messes up my scale settings with .obj files (they come in at like .01 scale for some reason)
2. I got the .fbx load working--I think I had accidentally deleted part of the intial body's mess. The error messages could really stand to be improved.
3. For some reason when I import materials from Blender (FBX) to CC3, Image Textures don't transfer.

Reading This Topic