Profile Picture

At a wall.

Posted By Topplebot 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Topplebot
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm trying to animate a character with CrazyTalk and hopefully iClone where I can create a live broadcast with said tech. Budget is zero as I don't have the resources etc. Here's my point: what I have been trying to accomplish has been stonewalled because in order to produce what I am trying to do, it's too costly for me. This isn't an ask, I've had this in mind for quite sometime but had to wait for the technology to catch up. Is there a way to accomplish my goal of an online in real-time character show? (that's been my plan for nearly a decade). I can see what's passing people by and it's frustrating seeing what I've got but not the proper tools to continue further with the project. Is there any cheaper way of getting around this as a lone creator? Just throwing this out there, I've got companies interested and they're waiting on updated samples. I don't ask for help if it involves 'asking for things' I'm a private person so its been a bit hectic. I'm keeping it close to my chest but I'm at a loss. I'm asking myself 'Do I need an iPhone X, mocap accessories and a new workstation with all the recommended minimum specs to get the job done?' any advice anyone? 
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (121.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
I'm not really sure what you are asking. Ermm

All that you want to do can be achieved with say CrazyTalk 8 if you just want a talking head character or with iClone 7 if you want a full-bodied character. However, you will obviously need to buy the tools you need to do the job. You can't do it for free sadly. That said you don't need extras like facial mocap to get started. Just with iClone 7 on its own, you can do great things, likewise for Crazytalk 8 and Crazytalk Animator 3. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Topplebot
Topplebot
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)Junior Member (100 reputation)

Cheers for having a think about it, I'm just getting the hang of my character now, it was one of those 'ideas without the tools' mainly because the idea I have has been kicking around for the best part of a decade and a recent article came up on my feed that basically said 'why can nobody see This coming' I was pulling my hair out lol, anyways, I'm working around it in me own way now (I think I'll sort it) but much appreciated. Cheers Peter. 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
As Peter says, it would be helpful to know what KIND of "online in real-time character show" you want to do.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Without knowing more, you have three choices if you don't currently have the equipment to produce samples:
1. If you believe in it that heavily, roll the dice and take out a small business loan. There are government programs as well as private options.
2. Crowdfund it
3. Find a venture capital partner (you might want to use LinkedIn and search venture capital and find someone local so you can show them your product)
Are you sure you can't produce a sample with what you already have? A sample should be enough to show a VC partner or to place on a crowdfunding platform. None of those would expect real-time results at least in a preliminary phase.

jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
At a minimum you would need Crazytalk 8 and something like OBS (livestreaming software which is free).
Topplebot
Topplebot
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

To explain would give me RSI, but seriously now, if this chunk of Cole spilled the beans, somebody would be the first to do it solo. That may sound a little ostentatious but it's something I've held on to for, too long. It's more the hardware really, I do have another possibility but I'll give it another week. Sorry to be so closed but I wanted to do this for myself not for profit. You'd laugh at my workstation but I'm getting it to work now, sort of. I appreciate the replies and feel a bit bad now. I'm good, take it easy, I'm off for a laugh. Thanks again. 
Topplebot
Topplebot
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Got it all, I'm figuring it out, cheers anyways. 
Topplebot
Topplebot
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

It's not for profit, couldn't be doing with all of it, just a guy with an idea which I 've been wanting to do for a long time (just been waiting on the tech to catch up) My comment got posted up a few days back I think, but I'm managing to get it sorted somehow, we'll sort of. If I can't get it done there's other ways. I'll figure it out. Cheers for the advice though, much appreciated 👍🏼

Reading This Topic