Profile Picture

No Plugin Tab

Posted By jjcreative 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jjcreative
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello,

We are in trial mode for iClone 7.41 and would like to use the Live Face with iPhone X workflow. The problem is that there is no plugin tab in my menu bar to activate or configure the plugin. Reallusion hub shows the Motion live plugin and live face profile for motion live are downloaded and nested under iClone in the installed software tab. 

How do we trial the plugins if no plugin menu appears?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
The Plugins tab on the Menu Bar will normally appear after you install the first plug-in.

Did you install Motion Live while iClone was open and in use? To avoid possible problems iClone should be closed when installing plug-ins and other add-on products.

Do try closing iClone and then restart your computer. Does the Plug-ins tab appear now when you open iClone 7?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jjcreative
jjcreative
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)

We installed the plugins from the Reallusion hub application. Is there a different or better way to install them? The iClone application was not running during the install. 

We'll try rebooting the system. 
jjcreative
jjcreative
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Unfortunately restarting the computer did not help. 

I made sure that iClone was not running, then uninstalled the Motion LIVE plugin. I then restarted again, re-installed the plugin from the Reallusion hub and still see no plugins.

The PC is running as a virtual machine under Parallels on macOS, its set to share the users folders, is it possible that the plugin directory is being put in the wrong file path?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

jjcreative (2/11/2019)

The PC is running as a virtual machine under Parallels on macOS, its set to share the users folders, is it possible that the plugin directory is being put in the wrong file path?

Well, unfortunately, that is the problem. iClone 7 does not support virtual machine software like Parallels, VMWare Fusion etc. While it is possible to get iClone to run you will quickly encounter countless issues when trying to use this kind of setup. The only way to run iClone 7 on a Mac is by using Bootcamp and run Windows 10 64bit alongside your Mac OS.  You will also need to have a mid-high end Nvidia or AMD graphics card installed.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Evil_Fischi
Evil_Fischi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi there,
I got the same problem. I want to test the Motion LIVE plugin with perception neutron but I don't get any plugin tab on the menu and when I click the motion LIVE button on the Modify > Plugins panel nothing happens.
Reinstalled the software multiple times with admin rights,. Restarted the machine but nothing worked so far.
If I run the device Mocap then I get the "load Mocap Device Plug-in Failed" window as well.

I installed the I clone7 App, Motion LIVE Plug-in and Perception neuron Profile.
The Character Creator 3 does not work as well. I had it installed but was not able to open it.

One more note: I am using the trial version of all the apps, somewhere I stumbled accross that the perception plug-in does only work with a paid version. Is this still true??

Cheers Wink
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi... What are your system specifications including graphics card? Also, do you have the Perception Neuron suit?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Evil_Fischi
Evil_Fischi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)Junior Member (245 reputation)

I got a gtx 670 on my machine, an Intel i7 core and 24GB of ram. I tested it on another machine with more or less equal stats but with a gtx 970 but there
The version of Axis Neuron is 3.8.42.6916 and yes we have the first version of the axis neuron mocap suit. There are no troubles recording with the suit.
Somehow i can not open any pop-ups from within the iClone app. If I click on the help section on any of the buttons, like online help or manual, nothing happens. I am logged in the computer with an admin account so I should have all rights.
Can it be that iClone has problems with python?

Evil_Fischi
Evil_Fischi
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Ok, PROBLEM SOLVED!!
In our studio we use a custom python path to manage some system variables.
Our scripts use python 2 and not 3 as iClone does. If I disable the pythonpath in our environment variables before I launch iClone then the plugins are available.

shoppersplace5
shoppersplace5
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Same thing happened to me in cartoon animator 4.  No plugin menu.  Had to uninstall it.   
The reason was I tried to install the plugin before I installed CA4.    
Always install the application first, close it, then install the plugin.  

Reading This Topic