Profile Picture

Talking Animals

Posted By jwilson 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jwilson
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Looking at getting the animal package but I want to know if I can make the animals talk. Does anyone know. I have iC4.0 PRO and CT 6.

Thanks
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi Wilson...

This is so funny that you've brought this up.

I am in the last third of a fun short to promo the animals now.

Its a council meeting and the reason for it will make you laugh and all the animals and birds are VERY concerned. It has a few twists and is generally more appreciate by adults for obvious reasons but kids can enjoy its innocent front too.
Its "tongue in cheek" fun. But its beautiful and very sweet. Sgonna make you laugh/.

The animals kindof talk animatedly in that the camera shows WHO is speaking at the time simply by viewpoint but the general feel of it is "Jackanory" if anyone remembers that.
Its a storytelling mode and all the animals are my synthed voice but it works.

On the finetuning side, you COULD make an artificial jaw and flip it as a dark lower shadow-jaw for speech but its alot of work that a good storyline will win you points with anyway.
Smile

Edited
14 Years Ago by Armstrong
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
jwilson (2/11/2010)
Looking at getting the animal package but I want to know if I can make the animals talk. Does anyone know. I have iC4.0 PRO and CT 6.

Thanks

You don't say which animals pack you are referring to but if it is one of the Animal World Volumes then these are not setup for the animals to talk within iClone itself.

What you can do as you have both iClone and Crazytalk is to take a close up image of the required animal head in iClone and then load that into Crazytalk. You will then be able to set it up for facial animation and get it to say anything you want.

You would then need to animate the animal in iClone and then use a video editor to cut between the full body iClone video and the talking Crazytalk video. As you are using the same animal it should look very natural in the finished movie.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 56 minutes ago
This may sound crazy, but could you add a video texture to a head to make it talk?

I don't know if the animals have a separate texture for the head, but the idea is to animate the head texture using CrazyTalk and then apply it in iClone as a new texture that shows the talking.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

tuttut_nut
tuttut_nut
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

I was watching a clip of a test run of the next 3dxchange and it looks like you will be able to this kind of thing with the new software. I can't say for sure as there didn't seem to be volume on the clip. Gonna look for it and post the link here.

Saying that, even if it will allow you to animate talking animals that doesn't help you at this moment.

tuttut_nut
tuttut_nut
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Here is the beta tests for the next 3dxchange. Go half way down the page and there is a video (amongst others) regarding converting iprops. From what it looks like this might be an answer to your question. Wish there was some sound on the clip.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic41418-164-1.aspx?Highlight=3dxchange

W.VEEKE
W.VEEKE
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, yes in iclone 4 there are a two methods to let your animals talk.  

Wil Veeke-Reallusion Certified Content Developer

Member of:

The Content Wizards!

particleboy
particleboy
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Here's an example of what I think zuijlen is talking (singing?) about BigGrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6-7jfZ9Kus&NR=1

Cheers
Edited
14 Years Ago by particleboy
gillycol
gillycol
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi - ultra-newbie here, just buying 'supplies' for iClone6; if I buy the farmyard animals and the fierce creatures, will I be able to make them talk - and, being brand new to this amazing word, will this be achievable for beginner level?  Any links to examples etc much appreciated.  Cheers!
wires
wires
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
gillycol (8/3/2016)
Hi - ultra-newbie here, just buying 'supplies' for iClone6; if I buy the farmyard animals and the fierce creatures, will I be able to make them talk - and, being brand new to this amazing word, will this be achievable for beginner level?  Any links to examples etc much appreciated.  Cheers!

The assets in the packs that you mention do not have facial animation, meaning that they can not "talk".

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic